THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Madge and her hair.......

She couldn't wait till the pageant was over so she could get her hair cut, but we were so busy with the holidays, we waited until now to do it. Monday she finally had the appt. to go, and she did.

She was excited to get it done, and had expected to get it colored while there, but the beautician realized she didn't have the right stuff, so Madge was to come back Wednesday, yesterday.

Back we went yesterday for a few hrs. of coloring. Darkened it a little and......


yes, added red. This has been a dream of hers for a long time and finally it came true.

I remember going through the same thing with JoBea and amazingly enough, it too was adding red!

I pick the battles that are the least to worry about for now. I just told them that if they went bald, I had the right to laugh and of course their response was, "that's fine with me!" Knowing all along how that would really go over if that came to be.

JoBea did some coloring at times, but now has tired of it. I'm hoping that will happen with Madge, but one never knows.

They surely don't get the coloring fever from me. That's not something I desire to do. I'll take the gray God is continuing to give me each day.

Yesterday Madge made the remark to me, while at the beauty shop, that it was about time for me to start coloring my hair to cover the gray so I won't be looking old. I'm soooo glad I'm excited about turning gray, or I might still be at the beauty shop having them working me out a color!

Why cover up what God has given me? He has made every hair on my head and He decided Himself when it would change. To me, the change from my dark brown to gray is just showing another phase in my life that GOD has control over. I don't want to hide ANY sign of what God is doing with me. Just one more thing that reminds me He is here with me.....just look at Him change my hair! : )

Have a WONDERFUL day in Christ!

God bless you and yours........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog via Barbara's.:-)

You sound like one wise mom...picking your battles. Good advice!