THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, June 06, 2008

My dad came out this morning with a flag pole he made. I had asked him if you would make one for us, after seeing his, I knew I would be better off with a good one that will last me forever.
This all came about because I had been wanting, for a while, a Christian flag to fly. I've never seen one except for at Church.

Just before Harold left, I bid on one on e-bay and can you believe one guy had several up for bid and I was the ONLY one to bid? He set the starting bid at $.99. Yes, 99 cents with no reserve. The next day I had won the bid....paying a whole 99 cents for a 3x5 nylon Christian flag.

As I stated at the beginning, my dad came this morning and the 2 of us worked until it was done. Every time my dad would get hot and walk to the shade the wind would blow and the clouds would come. As soon as he stepped out from under the trees, the sun popped out and the wind became less. I finally told him to stay in the shade and I would finish up and we laughed.

By evening the concrete had settled so off Madge and I went to fly the flags. I backed up the mule to the pole with Madge in the back ready to get started. She took over untying the rope, letting the hooks down, then attaching the flags while I held them.

She was like a little expert at it.

THANK YOU DADDY for making this little dream come true. THANK YOU HAROLD for allowing me to see this through.

THANK YOU LORD for the freedom from fear of displaying our love for you. In Psalms 18:30 it says, "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him."

*Study notes......Some people think that belief in God is a crutch for weak people who cannot make it on their own. God is indeed a shield to protect us when we are too weak to face certain trials by ourselves, but he does not want us to remain weak. He strengthens, protects, and guides us in order to send us back into an evil world to fight for him. And then he continues to work with us because the strongest person on earth is infinitely weaker than God and needs his help. David was not a coward; he was a mighty warrior who, even with all his armies and weapons, knew that only God could ultimately protect and save him.


I can honestly attest that the above is true. I'm just one example of the many people God has help strengthen when they were weak and continues to help. Through the way that I live, I pray others see Christ working in me. That is one of the many reasons I fly the Christian flag...it's to say GOD IS IN CONTROL on our place.

Have a STRENGTHENING day in Christ!

God bless you.....


1 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh, I have been wanting a flag since we moved out here. I love yours. It looks awesome in the picture. I can't wait to see it for real. How wonderful for you.