THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Saturday, May 02, 2009

We finally were able to surprise Madge.





I let JoBea check her out of school a little early yesterday because I had 2 of her good friends to pick up after school...Beth and Trivette. Harold and I threw everything in the truck, ran to school and picked up kids...ran by elementary to pick up Brandi (shes high school but was waiting with her mom). Meanwhile JoBea, Josey and Hannah had Madge riding around (stalling) till we had gathered up everything & everyone.

Our destination was my parents camping area on the creek. We arrived, kids took turns changing into swimwear in the truck while Harold and I unloaded and set up(less the pizzas on the table)....

Then we waited.....


and waited...

until they finally arrived! Brandi, Beth & Trivette had hid on the creek bank after we heard the car cross the bridge. When I stepped onto the sandbar, that was the cue for them to jump out and surprise her....

and it worked. Madge had text me several times, after getting out of school, why she couldn't have anyone to ride 4-wheelers with. She thought her cousin Clark was going to ride her on the creek some that's how JoBea got her to cooperate.

After calming down from the excitement, they pigged out on pizza. Madge had a whole cheese pizza to herself (she didn't eat it all), it is her favorite.


Next step was hitting the water! Of course, being spring fed, the water stays cold all the time. You just have to run up and down to get use to it. Trivette and I chased each other and were the first to get wet.


The older teens found it to be cold at first but then settled in .




Madge had her new camera in her purse so she was thrilled to get some shots for herself. When she and Beth were playing in the water Trivette took some pictures,



which when you are laughing, makes the job even harder.

Beth, Trivette and Madge, along with Clark, walked up to the next sandbar with the first priority being burying the girls.....



To see how quick they could get up, they undug their feet....



and tickled them. They jumped up and ran to the water. Clark grabbed Madge,

who picks on him all the time, and threw her in the DEEP...waist deep that is...water hole they found.




Poor Trivette, he forgot not to laugh at someone else being thrown in..


because you just might be the next victim!

In the process of being caught, he lost a front tooth...


It's not his real tooth, I know it fooled ya didn't it? Clark found this piece of half petrified wood stump. We think it's really a ancient shark tooth..ok, you aren't buying that either? Ok, we'll what about me finding the Ark on the creek?


It's almost center of the picture if you can't find it. I'm thinking instead of the REAL one, it's most likely the "model" Noah made while he was running it through his mind because I'm quite certain the real one is bigger : )


The get together on the creek was a good one. My parents showed up for a little bit to visit...we're always glad to see them. All the kids, including us older ones, enjoyed ourselves. As with this beautiful creek, the one I was raised on...

it continues to make memories for another generation. Many things may change, but how we had fun coming up doesn't....unless YOU decide not to share it with your children.

Have a FAMILY SHARING day with Christ!


God bless you & yours














2 comments:

Barbara said...

You honestly do the coolest things with your kids. You make memories they will never forget! I so admire your thoughtfulness and desire to make them happy!!

Stephenie said...

I have to agree with Mrs Barbara...you always do the coolest things! AND, you document them! Never change that...