THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, January 11, 2010

Finally getting this posted!


2 Sundays before Christmas, I had the youth, in Sunday School, pick a word from the Christmas story and draw it for the others to guess. It became easier as the game went along...beings there are so many words you can use for the Christmas story. There were some unusual drawings to get the others to guess.


With the last few minutes of class, I asked that they all get up, choose a part of the story they wanted to draw then for them to do it in sequence. They were excited and boy did I enjoy the laughter it brought. It was funny to watch and hear them discuss which came first and work around each other all at one time.


This is the final product.

I'll now explain it scene by scene...
King Herod collecting taxes from everyone.
Joseph and Mary went to Bethlehem to pay taxes
when Mary went into labor.
They went all over and was refused a place to stay because there was no room in the Inn.
An Innkeeper offered his stable to them, and they stayed .
The time came when Jesus was born...

where the pig and dinosaur showed up to see this precious baby. Ok, we all know there were no pigs or dinosaurs...just humor them ok :)
An Angel appeared to the shepherds

They went to the stable and just as the angel had said, the King had been born.
As I look back at these pictures, the day the youth drew the time leading up to the birth of Christ, the fun, the sincere love of this true happening the youth have in their hearts for their Saviour, will be forever a picture in my mind.
We all need to keep this "picture" refreshed in our minds EVERYDAY! Why should we keep such an AWESOME picture in the back of our minds, our memory photo album?! A Saviour came to save ME, YOU, EVERYONE! Not sure about you, but this is a picture I want to keep in the forefront of my album.
Have a PICTURE ARRANGING day for Christ!
God bless you & yours...







1 comments:

Barbara said...

Funny, Love it! Out of the mouths of babes!