What a night!

Last night was arm band night at the fair. On this night all the kids LOVE to go and we as parents would rather it because we consider this "cheap night"....if there's such a thing at fairs : )
First I started out at Bible study. Vana attends also so she decided to take the kids to the fair when they were done with Church then return to finish the study. After a while of her returning , I left to come home, pick up Jackie H. and head to the fair grounds.
I was starving but the first priority was to check in on the kids then on to the Exhibit hall to check out the crafts, art work and booths of the clubs in our County. They all did a good job! On to the 4-H booth where the food is the best! We got hamburgers, a drink, found a bench and relaxed. It was a nice cool evening. Not a terrible amount of people....just right.
After I tanked up, Jackie and I walked the grounds, stopping to watch children ride...then watch them stubble around as they got off. A few short seconds later they were smiling and running off to the next ride...forgetting how they felt from the other one. Madge and Amber continued this for a couple hours. Before leaving Madge wanted to ride "just one more". Amber said she could not. With her riding partner finished, Madge ran asked JoBea if she would ride and she obliged. Just before they were to get on the scrambler, Amber decides, "ok, just one more".....I knew what was going to happen.
They loaded up, the scrambler begins to spin, twist and turn when I see 2 girls, holding their hands over their mouths motioning for me to get them off. As I ran to the operator, I had to go around a boy getting sick from riding. The operator stopped it and everyone got off.
Needless to say, these 2 girls had done it to themselves....misery.
They were begging to go home....except they didn't really want to have to ride in the car....too much movement at this point. I told them they would just have to let me know if we needed to stop. This was one night neither asked if the other could stay or anything. They just wanted bathrooms (because of nausea) and a very still, motionless place to lie down.
Can't we all relate to that! As we get older we may not go from ride to ride, getting a little bit more sick with each one but we do tend to go from place to place looking for "a quick feel good" only to be looking in the wrong place. With each different place we look (just as the rides) we THINK we feel better but deep down we KNOW we are getting more sick, and in the end....having to drop to our knees.
PSALM 32:8 & 9---I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.
STUDY NOTE: God describes some people as being like horses or mules that have to be controlled by bits and bridles. Rather than letting God guide them step by step, the stubbornly leave God only one option. If God wants to keep them useful for him, he must use discipline and punishment. God longs to guide us with love and wisdom rather than punishment. He offers to teach us the best way to go. Accept the advice written in God's word and don't let your stubbornness keep you from obeying God.
Have a GOD GUIDING day!
God bless you and yours......
2 comments:
Ahhh...the fair....and Mr. Ray's hamburgers at the 4-H Booth. There is just hardly anything better at the fair.
The only good thing about the fair was Martha Clanton's burgers (maybe she was before Ray). Remember when they used to do lunch every day? Home cooking by the 4H parents--for years I cooked-it was fun!
Post a Comment