
Remember Trinity, the pup we took in that needed a home? This picture is of her playing with a toy she loves, but last evening I wish I would have had my camera outside with me....
I was sitting in the swing doing my Bible Study and I knew Trinity and Sadie were out also, but I wasn't sure where in the yard they were. I didn't hear them, nor did I see them...but nothing unusual for the 2 of them...sometimes they are just lying around chillin'.
After a while I could see them both running, coming up from my great aunts trailer....Trinity ahead of Sadie beings she is a few years younger :) I saw Trinity had something in her mouth and all I could think of was she has begun to tear up things at my aunts. Trinity NEVER looked away from me, she had her eyes locked into where I was sitting. Running with speed of joy, looking as if she had a smile on her face. She never got off track, she was heading right for me. Whatever she was carrying, she was doing so with excitement.
Up on the porch she came, straight to me and placed an empty soup can in my hand, sat down in front of me with a smile. Her eyes were dancing with delight, and of course her tongue was hanging out from running :) . In her mind, she had given to me a gift, and she was thrilled. An empty soup can, well I say empty but it did have some paper towels and the top of the can inside, to me was saying she appreciated and loves being here with us.
Just as Trinity stayed focused on me, running to me, then sitting at my feet still staring into my eyes with love and appreciation....so should I run to God. I love Him with my whole heart and have great appreciation for what He has helped me overcome in my life and all the things He protects me from that I don't even know about.
Psalm 121: 5-8---The Lord watches over you---the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm--He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
It is so easy for an animal to love and cling to it's Master....do we love and cling to ours? Do we show Him our appreciation for what He has and will continue to do for us? Just like the simplicity of that empty soup can. To you it may not seem like much, but to God, when we bring ourselves to Him, is treasured. For all He does and all He promises, bring your "soup can" to Him.
Have a APPRECIATION day with Christ!
God bless you.....
0 comments:
Post a Comment