THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Yesterday was rush rush rush.....beauty pageants, need I say more?!

Madge had a 10:30 appt for hair and make-up, rush home to eat and get ready to be at school for 2...I had a couple of folks to pick up on the way.

3 o'clock was starting time for the Jr. High pageant.

Jennifer Cowart & staff did a great job with the set of the stage and keeping things flowing pretty much. Much less confusion than last year. GREAT JOB JENNIFER!

First the 6th graders, then 7th and on with the 8th. Madge was the first "cow out the chute" for the 7th grade. She had been so nervous for having drawn no. 1, but did survive.


When Madge walks out on stage she exudes a whole different person than what we all see her in everyday . My little tomboy (she gets it honestly) cleans up well. After getting dressed, and closer to the time of leaving the house, she began to think her make-up was too this or too that. I assured her it would be fine for stage purposes. I was so glad to get her dropped off at the "holding tank" when we arrived at school, get her with some of her friends...

so she would then begin to relax. It was funny standing back here with them for a while to see the girls pulling up their dresses and tugging on their skirts. No matter how much you reassured them their dress WOULD NOT fall off, they didn't believe it...just had to keep pulling and tugging...I would do the same if I were in a strapless : )

When the evening ended Madge received 2nd runner up for the 7th grade.

Madge never expects to win anything, she just loves to dress up...it's like a costume party for her. She was shocked and happy.

As soon as we walked in the door from her pageant, she ran stripped the dress, shoes and jewelry off, back to the shorts and t-shirt...she didn't strip off the make-up because I was dropping her and Amber off at Amber's for the night. As for the hair...it wasn't going ANYWHERE!

I threw the 2 of them out the van and on to the school I went for Jo Bea's pageant...high school.

Jo Bea is the opposite of Madge. She dresses all the time, but pageant dressing is a step up for her. Thank the Lord Jo Bea has her license and was able to get herself to the beauty shop to get her hair done. She does her own make-up and some of her friends and does a good job I might add.....if you see mine you KNOW she doesn't do it for me : )

Remember me saying Madge was the first one on stage for the 7th grade? Well again, Jo Bea is the opposite...she was the last one for the 10th grade!

Jo Bea is a very shy person. She still will not ask a salesperson anything unless there is no one with her to do it for her and then she may just not ask and leave without whatever. She doesn't like to be in front of people at all, no matter how small a group. It surprised me when she wanted to do pageants. She explained to me that doing it once a year helps her with her fear of being in front of others. She is terrified just before her turn but then relaxes once out there.

At the end of the night, Jo Bea too received 2nd runner up for 10th grade! What are the chances of the 2 sisters winning the same place?! It was funny. Jo Bea was shocked also in winning anything, but was glad.

As you can tell, it was much harder trying to get a pic. of her afterwards than with Madge. There were people everywhere!

Jo Bea was very tired after getting home...it had been a long day for her and her friends as well.

ALL the young ladies and young gentlemen were beautiful! So many ranges of colors...like the rainbow. Even the guys added some color with their tuxes.

Again, to me EVERY ONE of those young people ....to have the courage to stand before a crowd and keep in mind what to do and do it while on stage in front of people with such grace and poise....YES, you ALL are WINNERS TO ME!

GOD, BLESS OUR YOUTH! Help them (as well as us) to remember to stand with courage, against this world and keep in mind,Your word, and do it, with grace & live it in front of others to help ALL people, young and old, be WINNERS in Your name!


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From "do rag" to beauty queen diva! What a change. I'm so proud of your girls. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'm so glad it's over. I bet you are, too!