Tuesday, Harold and I left for Hattiesburg, my parents would be wardens of the girls. We got a later start than we had planned, but it all worked out just fine.
This was to be our Christmas shopping adventure and we were both looking forward to it. I love to give to others and I don't like to buy unless it's something that jumps off the shelf at me....or it's written on the girls list : )
We had no reservations to stay any where, I just like to go and find it when we get there. Even tho it was late afternoon, early evening when we arrived, we got a lot of shopping done. After leaving the last store of the night, both Harold and I were thrilled at what we had accomplished...Harold even more. Being we had gotten further along than we had expected, Harold began to think of the e-mail he had gotten before we left.....the CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association) would ride in the hometown Christmas parade. This is when I found out he REALLY wanted to do this. The next day we continued our shopping but didn't do as well as the evening before. We had even talked about going home then, but Harold decided we could stay another night, get up early and head home to make the parade. We did just that.
My dad was surprised at how early we had arrived back home, but after explaining about Harold's plans, my dad understood.
Harold does like riding motorcycles...always has.
The parade participants had to arrive early to line up. JoBea was to be on a float with a friend for the volunteer fire department so she hitched a ride with her dad on the bike.
Madge, Amber and I got on the parade scene early to get our parking place and our usual seat on the corner where the parade begins. The next time I saw Harold 
he was rounding the corner to ride down main street. I could tell by his face it was worth cutting our trip short for him to do this. The next time I saw JoBea
she was dressed in fire gear (on the right)
As the parade finished up, we left. That's the great thing about sitting at the start!
Harold rolled in shortly after, with information for the Brookhaven parade that was going on that night and he and Madge decided they would ride out to Brookhaven on the bike and do another parade. If I didn't know before, I now knew that he was having a great time and he deserves it as hard as he works when he is at work and even at home...I was happy for him. When the time came, the 2 of them load up, with lots more clothes on than the earlier parade beings the temp. would be dropping, and down the highway I watched them go.
The picture isn't very good, flashed it through the bedroom door window, but you can see them through the "heavy fog" I caused : ) They called to let me know when they made it...I insisted on it.....and they did likewise when they left. When they drove up the two of them were beaming through the darkness. I could tell they had had a great time.

After snapping the picture, I ran inside out of the cold with Madge on my heels all excited..."mama, look at my jacket!" well, I knew it wasn't hers when I first saw it, but assumed she had gotten cold and someone let her borrow it. I asked who had let her use it and she was thrilled to tell me her DADDY had bought it for her, then she removed her helmet to show me the "do-rag" her daddy had also gotten her. This was one excited kid.
I asked her how was it that SHE got the neat jacket instead of me. Her reply was, "well, I was the one that rode with him." I replied as well with, "It seems to me that only 1 can ride with him at a time and I can't go and leave you at home." She said, "Oh well, isn't this soooo cool?!" I laughed and shared in the excitement with her. Harold comes in and he is wearing black leather biker chaps...he had already removed his "do-rag".
Everyone is cool except me! How did that happen?!!! : )
We ALL need to be cool EVERYDAY and put on the armor of God. Just as the motorcycle folks need certain "armor" to protect them from the elements and help spare their bodies, heaven forbid they fall, so do we, as Christians, need armor to protect us from satans attacks.
Read Ephesians 6: 10-20
Belt----Truth
Breastplate----Righteousness
Footgear---Readiness to SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS
Shield-----Faith
Helmet-----SALVATION
Sword-----The Spirit, the WORD OF GOD
Each day that you dress, regardless of WHAT you put on, remember to dress yourself with the Armor of God at the same time so that you will not be without it throughout the day. We MUST depend on the strength of God to protect us, and He so graciously provides that for us....if we choose to use it. I pray that You do.
Have a COOL day in Christ!
God bless you.......
0 comments:
Post a Comment