THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Thursday, April 10, 2008


I forgot to share with you the Easter party/bingo at the nursing home! How did I do that? It was easy for me I guess. We arrived to find a beautiful Easter tree that was decorated for the residents.


About 22 residents were awaiting our arrival. Bingo time is always a special time for them. The look forward to it to say the least. When I ask if they are ready, one residents always says, "let her rip, tator chip". I think it is so cute. They didn't realize it, but because it was a special occasion each person would receive a prize. Ms. Delo fixed up the Easter happies this year.....

I didn't get a good picture of them, but you can tell how cute they were.

Ms. Delo and Mrs. Inez wore rabbit ears while I was different and had lamb ears. I gave up my bunny ears after last year I had one ear going forward and the other standing straight up or backwards.


After 10 or 12 games we passed out the "prizes", then served them an Easter snack. These I picked up at Sam's so each one of them would feel special with their own little Easter cupcake.

The extra prizes were given to a few residents that weren't able to come join us. As always we had a great time and the residents were smiling big and hanging on to their Easter happies as they wheeled themselves to their rooms. What a blessing it is to be with them.

On the way home I stopped and gave the few extra happies to our shut-ins, then home to relax and think back on the fun time that was had.
I LOVE sharing in bingo and fellowship with the residents, especially on special occasions. But my love for it is way out done by the love Ms. Delo has for it. She and I have worked together the last 5 or 6 yrs. with the Senior adults at our Church, but she gave it up this year. She is fully dedicated to the bingo tho and I'm so glad she is.

Thank you Lord for dropping the opportunity to work with your older children in my lap. I never knew they would accept me like they have, with my being younger , but it's like having a BUNCH of wonderful grandparents....sometimes playful bunch of kindergartners....but that's what's great about it...they still enjoy the life that you provide and I'm glad to be a part of it.









1 comments:

Barbara said...

What a beautiful picture of you and Ms Delores. You're both sweeties.