THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm continuing to watch the grass grow on a daily basis (what a life)....trying to keep it from dying. I just knew yesterday it would rain and it would get watered without my help, but it just never did.
After school I sat and watched Madge and a friend of hers make fun use of the rest of the grass in the yard. They flipped and flopped all over. The 2 of them learned how to work as a team and do neat flipping tricks. They get in the starting position, Madge in blue, liv in yellow...
then the flip begins, except Madge manages to do a split.... the rollover landing..... the joyous moment of having done what they set out to do....
They were so excited they couldn't contain themselves!

My watching the grass grow and then watching the children grow playing on the grass...it seems grass is a focus. Then the Lord sent a scripture to me.

Isaiah 40: 6-8....A voice says, "Cry out." And I said, "What shall I cry?" "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field. The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the Lord blows on them. Surely the people are grass. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."

Study notes state: "People are compared here to grass and flowers that wither away. We are mortal, but God's Word is eternal and unfailing. Public opinion changes and is unreliable, but God's Word is constant. Only in God's eternal Word will we find lasting solutions to our problems and needs."

The girls "play time" actually was a reminder to prepare myself for study, flip through the Bible reading and split my time in study and prayer. I will then rollover another day starting in excitement because I have God's promise.

So as I water the grass this morning, I will remember to water myself with God's Word. satan has been trying to use some here and now situations to bring up old emotional, hurtful things from the past, but God is reminding me to continue to hydrate myself in His Word.

Lord I THANK YOU for the reminders you have all around. Most importantly THANK YOU for opening my eyes to them!

Have a HYDRATING day in Christ!
God bless you and yours























0 comments: