THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, July 10, 2009

Thought this would get your attention and it did, did it not :)

(Yet another intermission from our main vacation out West....)

Sunday, during Church, an idea popped in my head...take kids and go visit the Biloxi again. My mind ran with it. I began to think, "yeah, I could take dogs to vet for a few days, make reservations tonight, leave in the morning (mon.), come back Thursday because Josey has orientation for his job....Yeah, this might work!"


After Church I began to think the kids may not want to go and etc., but of course, I was wrong there. They had no plans so we ALL ran with it. JoBea asked Josey, which was good, they could help drive if need be, Madge took Amber. When I said we were leaving no later than 9:30, these kids took me at my word. 9:30 we were heading down the highway....they know how fast I can change my mind :)


Our trip there was pretty good, except in a few areas where there were floods of rain. Oh no, no one can slow down either! I drove all the way to Biloxi which is a big thing for me...leaving home, going, driving, no Harold..all big things for me!


It rained some a couple mornings and 1 afternoon for a short time. None of our plans were messed up by the rain or anything else for that matter, beings we HAD NO plans! Every morning I was up before they ever turned over once. Dressing and had gone down for breakfast alone, I would come back, pull back the drapes and wake up my world :)

Kids wanted pics made on beach and I was more than happy to oblige. Madge and Amber love to do their take on BAYWATCH...

but they also were still enough later in the day to take some others.

The first night on the beach, I didn't have my camera, the kids were looking for shells and stuff. They would find these pretty ones, some smaller some larger, but JoBea would not let anyone keep them if they had their little critter still living in it. She told everyone, "You have a home so let them have their home. No one is taking yours away from you so don't take them from theirs." JoBea has always been an activist for EVERY living thing.

We continued on in the evening with pics. Got a first hand look at one flying fellow just about to get it's supper...



and another fellow walking with his girl...



There's always the group picture you try to get

and was able to with little or no fussing at all..MIRACLES DO EXIST ; )


Josey was put out of a couple pics.




but he didn't seem to mind. He took that opportunity to look through the trash....

why? you might ask...all I can say is only Josey knows for sure ; ) He also tried his hand at taking pictures....


but he isn't any good because I don't look any better than usual! Madge wanted to try her hand and take a pic.....
ANOTHER reason why I, the photographer, stay BEHIND the camera!!!!

Then JoBea and Josey were ready for more pics.





Madge decided to bend over backwards....literally...
Amber you just be glad that wasn't me trying to do that because I would have squashed that smile right off your face!

JoBea did her imitation of the Karate kid stance...


while Amber tried to make all of Madge's blood rush to her head....


now that's a friend that helps you out with your circulatory problems.

As the tide went out, the kids enjoyed walking out to where they wouldn't be able to otherwise.
As we walked back to the van, what caught my eye was the beauty of town
made more beautiful by the white sands, green grass with golden fringe, the backdrop of the blue night sky...all of GOD'S creation.

This tells me that no matter how big this world of worldly things get, no matter how beautiful man made things may be....God's creation will ALWAYS out do it. Nothing can be truly beautiful without His creations.


Am I using the heart God created in me? If so it would be the "backdrop" of my actions. Am I using the mind He created in me? If so, it would be the "backdrop" to what I say and do. Am I filling my soul deeply with God? If so, my "backdrop" would exude GOD, His son Jesus Christ. My "backdrop", our "backdrop" should be fully visible and made even more "beautiful" because HE, GOD CREATED IT AND LIVES IN IT !


Have a BEAUTIFUL evening with Christ!
God bless you & yours....
















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































2 comments:

Stephenie said...

I've been so ready to go to the beach and I thank you for taking me there....lol! Glad you are overcoming some fears. YOU GO GIRL!!

Barbara said...

all I can say is "you've come a long way, baby"!