I'm sure none of this will be in the perfect order of which we traveled, but hopefully you will still enjoy the journey with us.
So funny, when we stopped at each of the signs, people from there passing would blow their horns at us. We figured they were either welcoming us by saying hi, or letting us know we look like fools : ) We went with our first thought.
A few homes were HUGE built on the mountains, ( I zoomed in a lot to get the house so it looks like it's not on a mountain)
while the smaller ones
were in the valley.
There weren't many homes at all...but I sure do love the older,
more simple homes of old. The scenery was so different but still so beautiful.
Just before getting to Raton, NM, we stopped by the Capulin Volcano Monument. The volcano, below
Has not been active in thousands of year. You can see one of the roads going around the volcano. As you travel up,
things begin to get smaller....and smaller...
As you can tell...
there were no sides to the road, just drop offs (see white line of road on left of pic). The Flemings were ahead of us and we would see Barbie's head lean over towards Grady away from the edge.
She has a great fear of heights. The older I have gotten the more I am but the beauty just moved the fear away for me.
As soon as we reached the top,
the younger kids went running down the trail
into the volcano...how many times do you get to say you did that?! Even zoomed in, this is as close as I could get them. It was very deep. The kids forgot they had to climb back up and struggled to do so.
When they reached us, the 3 of them fell to the ground panting.
The teenagers walked the trail to the upper level...
too steep for us : )
As the kids checked out ever square foot of the volcano, I talked Barbie into standing by Harold next to the wall to get the view behind them. She was VERY brave to have gotten this close. As she kept saying..."if you close your eyes it isn't there!"
As the troops gathered back together we got our group photo. This time Barbie was a little better beings I was behind her. She knew I would fall off before she would : ) Isn't it great to know your friends have your back...literally :)
In looking around there was beauty in everything!
The time had come we had to move on to our next destination before night....
TRINIDAD, CO, HERE WE COME!!!!
Stay tuned for the adventures of Colorado!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment