THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, April 06, 2007


April 5, 2007...Prom night

Glitz & Glamour...they got that name right or at least while waiting at the Beauty shop for JoBea there was a lot of Glitzing and Glamouring going on and it was being enjoyed.

The funny thing to me , here were these girls in their long ball shorts, ragged t-shirts, barefooted or flip flops, with their hair done up for the red carpet. Some hair was VERY full, only for me to notice they had a t-shirt on...how do you get hair that big through the neck of a t-shirt? Teenagers can do it. You know kids, they just snatch the thing off, no problem. Some had make-up on, others did not, so after the hair was ready they rushed off towards home to ready the face.

Rachel spent the afternoon with us to help get JoBea ready. She thought about Ben, her brother getting ready for the Prom also (he's a senior) but knew he most likely wouldn't need her help to get ready so she decided to come here. I just sat and listened to them have fun from the living room, awaiting the results.
After much singing (can't do anything without music you know) and make-up, JoBea finally came out for me to see.
My batteries were about shot...you know how you forget those things, so my flash wasn't very strong. The dress is much brighter than it appears here. I was worried about her freezing to death beings it has turned so cold, where as she was worried about how to carry her camera and phone without having to take a purse in with her.....they always say, when you start worrying about dressing warm over looking good, you have gotten old....well, I guess I just told on myself.

While awaiting Chris's arrival, we just did some picture taking. I was invited to get in the picture...but I didn't get the feeling they REALLY wanted me in it....

but then again, I'm only the MOTHER of the prom goer... the one that paid for the hair and nails...luckily she borrowed a dress and jewelry...I guess that's why I didn't get a full picture with her.

Chris came and he was looking sharp.
He had wanted to wear his orange flip flops but beings it turned cold decided on dress shoes..THANK GOD FOR COLD WEATHER! One last shot and they were on their way......Well, first they decided to do a little tap dance show for us....

Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers at it again...now You and I both know THEY don't know who I'm talking about! How I got a picture of them both looking down is a mystery to me. Anyway, they finally loaded up to go to his home where his mom would be awaiting a photo op also. We ran to get that drive away shot....

because that's what ALL good paparazzi do and I wanted to make them feel Glitz and Glamour all the way....and a little embarrassment doesn't hurt either : ) HEY, remember, I AM the MOTHER...that's in the job description!

They, along with another couple, went to Biscuit and Blues in Natchez to eat, then on to the prom. Other plans did not work out, but they still enjoyed themselves and were able to enjoy the one night of being in "red carpet" style.

THANK YOU Lord for keeping the kids safe. Even tho we don't know why the other plans didn't work out...YOU do, and I THANK YOU for keeping them from whatever may have been.



















0 comments: