THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, April 30, 2007

My baby turned 12 yesterday..4/29!

(she's in the light blue jacket)


I can't believe she is 12 ALREADY!


Her hearts desire was to spend the day, or at least some time, in Jackson ice skating. She had never tried it before and if you know my Madge, she wants to try EVERYTHING...and if you know me you KNOW she DOES NOT get that from her mother!


On Thursday I left going away for the week-end to "bask" in the awesomeness (no other way to describe it) of God's love. Can you imagine a whole week-end with nothing but the love of God around? Nothing to disturb you? A spiritual renewal...Heaven on earth..that's what it is! If you ever want to experience it for yourself, just let me know and I'll even take you there myself!


So with that said, I'll move back to the skating thing. The girls were home with their dad and had a ballgame Thursday night, and they won! GO GIRLS!! Saturday, Harold, his friend Buddy.. Madge, 2 of her friends, JoBea and Brandi headed to Jackson in celebration of the "birthday girl". Madge did pretty good and JoBea was a natural according to Harold.
That's her with the shorts and white tee shirt. For the others there were times of sliding and holding on to the side rails for dear life, but they all had fun. Once they began to freeze to death, they moved on to laser tag, in which JoBea had the highest score, I think. She had something like 1200 pts. and her dad had ZERO! He says his gun wasn't working, that he walked right up to one of them and it still did not tag them. Of course, that was my chance to remind him of the snake the other day in which he walked right up to it, shot and MISSED! Madge took the other gun from him and blew the snake away! Oh, I think I have a picture of that too..... I don't think anyone is going to mess with my little Madge!

Anyway, after the "shoot out" this birthday group headed to the go carts. All of them got into single go carts, except for JoBea and Brandi...who decided to ride in a double. Well, as they began their driving journey, everyone was flying by JoBea and Brandi. Harold said he kept thinking, "give it gas JoBea", and JoBea said she was hollering "this thing don't work!" They said they felt like 2 little old ladies on a freeway and that just wasn't cool! The guy finally pulled them over and told them he would let them have another go cart, and they took it but were already 2 laps behind, so they just cruised.

When you have this much fun, there's only one thing left to do and that is to eat! They went to the cracker barrel where they enjoyed food, fun, food, fellowship, food and browsing the store...where Madge did spend some of her birthday money.
The girls and I spend a great deal of time together, but with Harold working overseas, it's harder to get that time in....but as ALWAYS God did provide! He provided me with a serene place to go and be with fellow Christians to renew my strength for daily living and allowed the girls time well spent with Harold before he leaves back this Sunday. You know what I'm going to say now......GOD IS GOOD, and if you don't believe it....just ask ME!!!! : )
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!





0 comments: