THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, April 08, 2007


God shared with us another beautiful day! The flowers are gorgeous!! This is at my parent's home. The girls and I went out there after Church to eat lunch and do the egg hunt. The sun was shining, cool breeze blowing and I just couldn't get over the birds singing.....such harmony. I couldn't help but think of ALL the different kinds there are and their singing was blending just perfectly.

And Mr. Woodpecker here, kept the rhythm of the beat.

After lunch, my dad and I hid the eggs (2 dz.) while Madge and her friend Amber were kept locked up in a small room with no windows....actually the dressing room in the guest bathroom. A few of the eggs colors were so close to some of it's surroundings they were the last to be found.....

I even did the "you are warm, you are cold now, you are very hot!" routine and Amber still walked all over the bush. Finally her eyes adjusted to the shape compared to the flowers and got it. Madge and Amber had a good time searching for those eggs.

On the last hunt my dad just kept one of the eggs in the basket we were using for hiding, needless to say it was the last one to be found on that hunt. During this time JoBea had stretched out on the couch and rested up for the last hunt of the day....her first one...

in which her and Amber hid the eggs for Madge and I to find. I can't find myself most days, more less see a little egg hiding....but I went with Madge to "lock down" until we were called...which seemed like an eternity! FINALLY we were called only to be told, "Wait, I've got to get water and etc." then off we went.

I guess because I'm the oldest and can cross the road by myself, they decided to hide a few over there too. Madge found 2 and me, well, I found 1 over there....then back to the yard we went. Upon finding another I told the girls I would throw one up in the trees to see if it would hang on somewhere....

But of course, I didn't....at my age you can throw a shoulder out or something. JoBea had gotten creative with the hiding and took a chair, climbed in it and placed an egg up the flag pole! Now that is NOT a place I was looking for an egg...

After all was FINALLY found....never let your teenage daughter hide them if you expect to make a quick last hunt....we headed across the road to the slough to feed turtles the eggs we enjoyed for the day. Some were smashed against trees as we walked, just to see if it could be done..JoBea wasn't aiming for the tree right in front of her...it was further off....

After they tried then Madge took a turn at it..

After this try, I had moved down the hill when she threw another and I was showered with boiled egg. The rest they saved to throw into the slough for the turtles.Looking at the girls, I was wondering what might be going through their minds.....how much fun they were having, where ARE the turtles or maybe even thinking of how beautiful the reflections of the trees and landscape is on the water.....Whatever it was I know at that moment it was all good.


This was a WONDERFUL way to share in the reminder of Christ being alive! The new leaves on the trees, the new flowers and those about to bud out, the birds singing and the freshness of the new cool breeze blowing...everything was fresh and new.....just as we are through Jesus Christ our Lord!


Lord I am so thankful that you are the all knowing. Even if I hide out, just like the colored eggs, You know where I am and are ALWAYS with me and will gently remove me from my hiding place. I pray that I will not blend into my surroundings, that I will shine brightly for you!


THANK YOU for another day of food, fun, fellowship and safety. Thank You for providing my Parents with a place that we can go and enjoy our time together.


I hope you ALL enjoyed a Christ filled day!

P.S. My dad used his creativity to add to an egg. It was so funny! This egg did NOT get fed to the turtles or smashed against a tree....I guess it has come to our house to rot.....lucky me : (

0 comments: