It's that time of year again!
Yes, I'm talking about soccer.
We've had practice twice, only once in which Madge could go. The second practice she had a birthday party to attend, in which the "party goers" were going to Jackson. The other 2 or 3 times it has rained at exactly 5:15 every afternoon....actually it was more like a flood!
Yesterday we FINALLY was able to have another practice. There were so many vehicles parked around I decided to just join some others and park on the side of the road, and I could see Madge just fine.....until they moved Madge's group to the OPPOSITE side of the field, between 2 other teams practicing. That didn't stop me for long tho. My camera seems to do almost as well looking at something from afar than up close, so I zoomed in on them.
That would be Madge in the green shirt. I was getting worn out just watching all these kids running back and forth and forth and back seemingly without a purpose. By the time they run a yard, they have to turn because the ball is back at where they came from and it just continues on.

I guess if we would have had soccer in school, I would take more of a liking to it, but I've been watching it for 10yrs. now and still just don't get into it. Madge of course does. She is the athlete and again, wants to try it all.
After a good while, Madge and a friend came walking across the field and I was SOOOO excited because we were done!!!! only to find out they weren't, she came to get the drink she had forgotten. Her little shirt was soaked with sweat!
Their faces were as red as little tomatoes. She asked if I would drive them back down to where they were playing and I had to tell her no because there were so many folks trying to in and out the drive, picking up their kids, it was blocked. I hated to see her walk all the way back across, but she did just fine.
As I sat and sat in the car I noticed I was being watched....
You KNOW you have been in the same place too long when these creatures begin to take notice. I decided to move around in the car just in case they were thinking my low pulse rate was a sign of "supper" to come!
As all the other teams left, but ours, I was able to pull around and be there for Madge when her practice ended, so she wouldn't have to make that mile long walk again....and I could get out of the buzzards site!
Today she has cheer practice during AB and tomorrow morning at 9 I'll be sitting along side the road once again....hopefully without looking like breakfast to those creatures, even tho I'm sure I'll look a bit scrambled.
Have a RUNNING day with the Lord!
GOD BLESS!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment