THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

HOMECOMING WEEK!


It's Homecoming week at School, along with 9 weeks test and soccer practice! I'm praying Madge does well today on her 2 exams because they cheered at a ballgame last night so therefore we quickly ran over it late. This morning we had NO time to run through it. You would think Homecoming and 9 wks. test could be separated.


As I'm sure you all know, during homecoming wk., each day is assigned a different dress code. Today was "signature day". Wear white t-shirts for everyone to sign....hopefully they remember to wear another t-shirt underneath to keep the ink from going through, and also permanent markers to write with!


JoBea and Rachel came up with an idea and has worked on it the last 2 evenings. JoBea's boyfriend (Ty) broke his leg at football practice at the start of the season and has sat sidelined...she and all of us have felt so bad for him. JoBea and Rachel got 5 white t-shirts , paint and went to work...in secret. Rachel painted pink & green lines on the sleeves while JoBea painted letters, names and numbers on front and back, of friends on the team. JoBea will be sporting Ty's name and number while Rachel, Brandi, Bethany and Candi sport others. They came out really cute!





I was amazed at how straight they could keep the lines, letters & numbers when they were free handing everything.






They were so giggly and excited about their idea and couldn't wait to get to school...they all rode together as to not "look like a fool" alone.

I think they were cute.

They will have a great time today, and once again, I pray they will all be able to do each exam they have to the best of their ability. Maybe the fun of dressing up will help them to be more relaxed for testing.....at least that's what I am praying! I'm not sure what tomorrow brings, but today was going to be a fun day for them all.


As I write this, it made me think of how we should ALL prepare for our ETERNAL HOMECOMING! Get out the white shirts (repent! Acts 3: 19-21), Paint (brighten lives by sharing...Philemon 1: 6) Permanent markers (God's word & our eternal life in Christ.. 1Peter 1:24-25).


Each day should be lived with excitement, KNOWING there will be a GREAT HOMECOMING one day. The not knowing WHEN is what should keep us preparing and knowing from what God's word tells us about HIM preparing a place for us (John 14: 1-3), should make us all giggly about going to live with our Heavenly Father. We can get all excited and overjoyed by those things around us here, but do we really get overjoyed about our eternal Homecoming? I need to and I pray that You will too.


It's always exciting to plan for Homecomings at Church or football games, but let's not let any more time pass away and begin to plan even more for the ETERNAL HOMECOMING!


Have a PREPARING day in Christ!


God bless......



0 comments: