
Yesterday we celebrated Easter at Church then on to my parents to continue the celebration as we try to do each year. The weather was gorgeous! Not a cloud in the sky.

as the kids hunted Easter eggs. JoBea was on Tyler's back hiding her face from the cold.
Some were a little harder to find than others, like on the roof....
or the one in the spring of the swing!
Others were disguised to trick the eye...
Should have seen the look of the hummingbird when it came to take a drink...she was probably wondering which one of them could lay such an egg. I did find this one (yes, I still like to hunt eggs!) and the one on the roof, but decided to let Madge find it, and she eventually did.
Amber was with Madge for Easter, as last year. They have started a tradition, I guess, with my mom picking them up on Good Friday and letting them stay in the country until Sunday afternoon. They enjoy their time away along with being together to do the egg hunts.
When finished with SEVERAL hunts, some began to tire. While Tyler and Bo shared a nice cold coke,
JoBea
and Lucky
slipped in some nap time. As for me, I walked around snapping pictures of the beauty that is just bursting forth in the trees and bushes! I LOVE this time of year, SPRING! When everything becomes new. 

After snacks, naps and snaps, the decision was we had hunted eggs enough for the day so what else do you do except.....take a bat and play ball with the eggs!Amber was up first.....
as you can see, her egg flew right past her (green egg toward right corner). She had fun trying!
Then I was up to bat (helping Amber out). You can see the yellow egg coming to me, as the umpire stands off to the side.
With surprise I was able to make contact....
and egg flew everywhere! Got me in the mood for a good softball game....slow pitch that is. It's been many years since I've played, but I did like it. Madge was up next. She swings at the blue egg
and what a hit it was,
it rained down egg on us all! We had no worries tho because the clean up crew was on alert.

It's nice to have the WHOLE family pitching in to help : )
In all seriousness, the exact thing I said last year is still the same for me this year on Easter and every year.
This was a WONDERFUL way to share in the reminder of Christ being alive! The new leaves on the trees, the new flowers and those about to bud out, the birds singing and the freshness of the new cool breeze blowing...everything was fresh and new.....just as we are through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Lord I am so thankful that you are the all knowing. Even if I hide out, just like the colored eggs, You know where I am and are ALWAYS with me and will gently remove me from my hiding place. I pray that I will not blend into my surroundings, that I will shine brightly for you!
The Lord gives us hope and I pray we can share that with those who have yet to find it. Think back on those days/wks/mths/years lacking hope in your life and remember the dread of everyday you felt.....I don't want anyone to suffer with that feeling so let's work together in sharing Hope with others by showing them what Christ can do/has done to make a difference in our lives through His love for us.
Have a SHARING day in Christ!
God bless you!
2 comments:
What a fun day! I spent time on Sunday leisurely walking thru the farm enjoying all the new growth. I love Spring...new beginnings, HOPE...Life.
Thank you for all that you are and all that you do.
The flower pictures are gorgeous. You do have a way of capturing the beauty of nature. Go, girl--hit that ball and break another rib!! Did ya hit it?
Post a Comment