THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, March 30, 2008

HAPPY BELATED AND EARLY BIRTHDAY!

March 2nd was maw-in-laws (Esther) birthday, and I promised to take her to Stogners to eat (she had been wanting to) for her birthday when Harold got home. I set up the evening of our birthday date and prepared accordingly.

On Tuesday Jackie H. and I rode to Brookhaven to the party store where I purchased a couple items (crown & tiara), then Wednesday we rode to McComb to order cakes. There was a cute one already made so I decided to buy it for maw-in-law....then I ordered Harold's. Jackie was to pick up the cake Saturday and have it at Stogners for our dessert time.

Saturday came, we picked up maw-in-law and met the rest of the "party crew" less one, in McComb and headed out to Tylertown, once Barbie got herself strapped in! Harold had no idea we were doing anything for him....he thought it was all going to be for his mom. His mom just thought we were going to eat. The "party crew" and I knew full well what they were in for!
Finally arriving at Stogners, we called the "jaws of life" to cut Barbie out of her seat belt, or at least we thought we were going to, if she didn't hang herself first in panic! We sent everyone in, while Barbie and I tried to prepare things in the back of the van before going in, but Harold lingered around even with Barbie telling him to "take this and go on in", he was wanting to be helpful. We hid the stuff from him and inside we went.

After the waitress took our drink order, I had Madge place the "birthday"crown on Harold's head...isn't he cute!

Then Carly placed the "birthday" tiara on maw-in-laws head...she was thrilled to be "queen of the day", as she stated.




There were only a couple of tables filled in the room where we were, so they didn't feel too bad about having to wear them.

Everyone ordered, we ate, visited and moved right on to dessert. Barbie had their gifts under the table...neither knew about them. I had maw-in-laws "dog" cake wrapped in the jacket lying at the end of the table, which she knew nothing about...except she probably wondered why my jacket was ON the table! Jackie, Madge & Carly went to the back to place candles on Harold's cake as I preceded to "unwrap" maw-in-laws cake. They entered with Harold's ..... along with all the waitresses, singing so therefore we joined in. I handed maw-in-law her cake (2 cupcakes with extra icing)....she was so surprised and so in awe of it. It was funny to watch them take it all in. Maw-in-law immediately put the the top back on hers to take home for another time. She didn't want to eat it because it was too cute to eat. I hope she soon eats it because as we all know, all dogs (cake) don't last forever. By the look on her face....
she was keeping an eye on the little children looking at it too!


While Harold cut his cake, we heard singing once again! It was the waitresses coming back with a big slice of lemon pie with a candle lit in the middle for each of them. This is normal for them to do if they know of a birthday, but I figured beings we had the cakes.....but it didn't go to waste, their slices of pie and some cake was eaten. We all enjoyed their desserts.....


Madge was in serious discussion with Omah and Carly was coughing (not barfing). As you can see, maw-in-law was enjoying her pie. With the help of our "party crew" (Grady's eyes look funny, I know. His eyes were shut in all pictures so I took it upon myself to paint him some ),


our belated and early partiers had a wonderful time. We were all so stuffed we seriously thought about having the bus boys roll us out on their carts.

We waddled out to the main room, Harold and maw-in-law still with crown/tiara on, where they got many a stares. As everyone continued to waddle out to the van, the cashier said to me, "There aren't many men that would wear a crown out like that." I just laughed. I figure some of the guys staring at Harold were wishing someone would do the same for them. If you really look inside of yourself, these special little fun things are things that we ALL would love to do...if we could just get over, "I'm too old for that stuff." or the way it "appears" to others.
We should not be worried about that either. We should be glad to wear that crown or tiara showing that you are so glad that God has chosen your day, Himself. As with ALL days, Rejoice and be glad in it! God has placed us here to serve Him!

Psalms 118:24......This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.


Have a REJOICING day with Christ!


God bless you.....











2 comments:

Stephenie said...

Aren't you the ever sly one....I love surprises and from the party pics, it looks like Harold and Ms. Esther like them, too! I'm glad that you mentioned that Stogners was in Tylertown, becuase I was wondering where it was (even thought I drove past it for 4 years!!)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad MIL enjoyed it--even though she went to B'haven to eat--with other folks!! :) I can smell that fish now!! You are a dear to plan all of that. You ARE sneaky!!