THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, July 11, 2008

Just made it in from vacation so now I can update my blog!

June 29th was Senior Adult Sunday. The "Jolly Elders" are in charge of the whole service and always have such a great time doing it....this year was no different. They sang 2 specials

performed a skit for the children's moments

and did it all with a smile. This year we honored Delores Martin for her 30 plus years in working with the Senior Adults of our Church. She is the founder of the S.A. group and it continues to go on. Last year was her last year to work with us due to the health of her mom. Delo was very surprised of being honored and shocked for the longest time. Her granddaughter (on the left, Delo, then myself) had been invited to come to see this take place.

Delo was given a gold locket by the Jolly Elders, engraved on the back and inside were a pic. of the Church and the flower beds she continues to keep up for our Church.

The biggest surprise to them, which I finally told them Tues. before, is Barbie Bassett was the 'secret' guest speaker. Knowing they all love her and get their weather from her, I wanted to give to them a special gift....and special it was. The sparkle in their eyes, the smiles on their faces and the giddiness in their talk with Barbie being their to speak on their Sunday, was the best gift I could have gotten. It was a fun time preparing for S.A. Sunday too! The time we get to share together with devotion, fellowship and sharing a meal is always the highlight of my week. I thank Barbie B. for taking the time from her busy schedule to share what God put on her heart to share with the Jolly Elders and the congregation as a whole. In honoring God through worship June 29th, God blessed us all with a good service.

Thank you Jolly Elders for continuing to give of yourselves as the Lords Servants. I love each of you and my life is more blessed having you be a part of it.

God bless!


PS. I thought I would blog about vacation also, but too much to do...another day.





2 comments:

Stephenie said...

I heard this was the best S.A. Sunday yet....

Barbara said...

The day was awesome and we thank you for it!! Glad you are home.