THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yesterday is over......

And yes, I can still say my Dentist has a way of putting you at ease....even after 3 constant hours of working in my mouth.

Towards the end I almost dozed off even, but I'm not that brave yet!

The first thing I noticed when I entered the "dreaded" room was his assistants t-shirt. It was dark blue and in large white letters it said, I PRAY..in small letters was Philippians 1:4-6. This also impressed me because this young lady looked to be in her 20's.

After all the shots to my gums, prying, drilling, and etc. it left the whole right side of my mouth and face numb. Yes, of course I was drooling, but not to the point of embarrassing myself or Harold : ) Harold did say I looked as if I had had a stroke! Just what I wanted to hear : )

After the Dentist was done I had the chance to ask the young lady about her shirt. She had purchased it at the beach and stated there was another she really liked also, but had to decide between the two. We talked on and I told her about writing the blog on coming for my visit. When I told her about the "stillness" part she said, "WOW, how neat! I was just talking about this new song I love about being still!" She then began to tell me she is with the BSU (Baptist Student Union) and they had a group come to Summit Baptist to sing and they were great. They were the ones that sang the song about stillness.

Seeing her t-shirt when I walked into that "dreaded" room turned the room into a bit more peaceful room because God confirmed to me, through her shirt, that yes, He was there and I was in good hands. My heart was not full of joy (because I was at the dentist) but joy was there in the confirmation that Christ had placed me in the hands of another sister and brother in Christ.


Philippians 1:4-6...In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.


Study note: This is the first of many times Paul uses the word joy. The Philippians were remembered with joy and thanksgiving whenever Paul prayed. By helping Paul, they were helping Christ's cause. They were willing to be used by God for whatever he wanted them to do. When others think about you, what comes to their minds? Are you remembered with joy by them? Do your acts of kindness lift up others?


The God who began a good work in us continues it throughout our lifetime and will finish it when we meet him face to face. God's work FOR us began when Christ died on the cross in our place. His work IN us began when we first believed. Now the Holy Spirit lives in us, enabling us to be more like Christ every day. Paul is describing the process of Christians growth and maturity that began when we accepted Jesus and continues until Christ returns. When you are feeling incomplete, distressed and etc. remember GOD WILL NOT GIVE UP ON YOU. Don't let your present condition rob you of the joy of knowing Christ or keep you from growing closer to him.



Yesterday I felt, heard and saw Christ in the atmosphere of those working around me...helping me to relax.

Wonder what others think about me when I come to their mind? Is it with joy or "dread" to want to be around? Do I help or hinder others to see Christ in my daily actions?


THANK YOU LORD for preparing the place in which I had to go yesterday. I pray that office will continue to be one of uplifting to you!


Have a JOY filled day in Christ!

God bless you & yours.....

2 comments:

Stephenie said...

So glad that you had a great dental appt...Also, really enjoyed the vacation blog! I cannot wait to hear more about it...

Barbara said...

I imagine that she experienced some joy from you too.