THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Wednesday, December 31, 2008



Harold and I decided to take JoBea and 2 of her friends to Hattiesburg for the day. They had not been able to find things to purchase for Christmas around here and Harold said he was up to a trip with them. At first it would be Harold and the girls, but I decided to tag along, they were glad I did, and I was too.



April and Christina are sisters. April, the oldest (on left) is the outgoing one with Christina being like JoBea, quiet and won't ask anyone for anything or ask questions to anyone unless they feel its very important and that very last moment to ask is upon them....and then sometimes they just let it go. They all laughed, talked, while INCLUDING US!


It was cloudy for the most part, then for a short time the sun rays came out, appearing over a Church....of course I wanted to get that shot!


The girls kept us laughing all day, and Harold and I kept them laughing. I'm glad JoBea doesn't see us as embarrassing anymore...she just sees us as having fun.
On the way home, we stopped in Tylertown to surprise a friend of mine. She works at a seafood place so we stopped in for supper. She was VERY SURPRISED! The girls were so tired....if you can imagine teenage girls being tired from shopping...that they asked for a table where they could prop up against the wall : ) and they did.


As we left, they chilled with music and dozed off.

We were all glad to get home and call it a day...a very full day.


Christmas eve was the start of our fellowship with great friends. Harold, myself and the girls, along with Grady, Barbie, Carly & Tre', rode up to Jackson thinking we would have Grady's birthday lunch at Bonsai, a Japanese restaurant. We had been wanting the kids to enjoy the entertaining chefs prepare their meals....only to find the place to be closed for the 24 & 25. That was the main reason for the trip but we made do with Applebee's. It wasn't as entertaining as the other would have been, but it was good. After the meal Grady was surprised with a sunday dessert which he shared with JoBea. She doesn't pass up ice cream/chocolate stuff.


We shopped around Target a little then on to Brookhaven for another stop. The kids were all in good moods, even Madge for someone who was down with a cold. The girls had given Carly her b.day/Christmas present at her party, so on this day they gave Tre' his gift. He did enjoy ripping into the box and was thrilled to receive a wrestling t-shirt and an army man with a couple sets of arms and legs. Come to find out what he most enjoyed was the box!


All the kids were hyped and being silly.


I didn't get any shots of JoBea because she was sitting beside Barbie and I. It's hard to maneuver to the side when you're belted in.

It turned out to be yet another great day of laughter and fun for us all! The kids made us laugh, we made them laugh. I just enjoy any moment the children allow me/us to be a part of their lives....even more so when it's not the fussing moments!!


That evening we all attended the Christmas Eve service at Church..all except Harold who had a reaction to some meds. After the service Ms. Esther came home with us to spend the night and celebrate Christmas morning with us. She enjoyed herself and so did we. I always have a good time when I'm around her. We tend to make each other laugh and I do like laughter.



Christmas was a wonderful time. Again, the girls were happy and very pleased with everything they received. I was SHOCKED at what I received. Harold gave me a canon rebel with remote control, zoom lenses and carrying case! When JoBea saw it, her remark to her daddy was, "Oh great daddy, just what she needed. Now we will be shot with every movement." She smiled at me. JoBea gave me a beautiful glass rooster. Madge giving me a beautiful bracelet that looks ordinary until you really focus on it. When you open the box it says, "When God is in your heart, God is in your life". The bracelet's links are the name GOD, with the G & D forming a heart together.



Isn't it neat?!


I'm glad that my family can see how important God is to me in mylife. I pray that through this, they may desire Him as much as I desire Him everyday.


Lord, I hope on Your Birthday you received YOUR hearts desire, for more of your children to follow you.


I pray each of you have a safe and fun New Years Eve and will consider your resolution of the new year to be those that will benefit God's Kingdom.

































3 comments:

Samantha said...

Sounds like y'all have had lots of fun the past few days! I LOVE that bracelet and really, really like the sound of that camera. Thinking I'm going to have to look into one of those myself!

I pray y'all have a Happy and Blessed New Year!

Barbara said...

Looks like a fun time with a fun family--and your house looks trashed like all good homes on a happy day!! :) MIL looks very happy! Gotta see that camera-thought I got a good one but remote control---hmmmmmmm!! :))

Stephenie said...

Enjoyed "shooting" with you the other day! We've got to do that again soon...Hope that 2009 is bigger and better than 2008...lova ya!