Harold, myself, Madge and Amber, along with a covered dish (lunch afterwards) went to Natchez. JoBea was already there for Sunday School. This Church has outgrown it's Sanctuary and is using it's Family Life Center as it's Church now. Isn't that a GREAT problem to have for a Church?!! We met some friendly folks, stayed and shared in a meal with everyone, then the girls all loaded up with us...including JoBea and Christina, to ride around and take pictures. Our first stop was at a military park next to St. Mary's Catholic Church.

The first sign you see at each gate when entering the park is:

When trying to find the park....we had gone with Barbie before.....JoBea laughed and said, "I remember it has a sign saying If your dog poops, please scoop, so let's look for the sign." We all laughed, repeating the saying looking down each street. Actually, I called Barbie and got the directions. If you haven't been to this little park, it's a very quiet, pretty place to sit and relax....and to take pictures. The girls did this one for their cousin Todd who is in the Air Force...Can you tell they are spelling out TODD?

He will be home Wednesday, so I'm sure they will share this picture with him.



making it seem more like Spring. It felt that way also! There were pictures taken by the big fountain...

and the trees.


To get these pictures this is what they did....
The park officials should have known, if you place something close to anything that can possibly be climbed, it's going to happen. The trash can,

mounted to the ground, was their step ladder.
As we walked along, Madge was yelling for me to come over...Amber had been shot by the cannon!

Harold continued to walk around, taking in the sights of the park, toting his 'man bag'...my camera bag.

I love ivy and it was so pretty, running around in the trees and along the walls.

These 2 have to be my most favorite pictures.


We went in one side of the park and walked out the other, which passes right in front of St. Mary's. The girls and I had been inside to see the beauty in this Church, so we took Harold in to see. No pictures will do it justice, you just have to go see inside yourself. This picture was taken as Madge and Harold held the double doors open for me. Every where you look, there is something beautiful to look at.

After oohing and aahing, we rode on over to the Natchez Indian mounds. We walked through the museum then on out to see the sights. The mounds and hut were neat to see. I've seen mounds here in our county before, but the hut was a first.

Even tho the hut was a re-creation ( based on historical description & archaeological remains) you still got the feel of how they lived. JoBea took the camera and I went inside to check it all out.

Looks as if I'm getting my peace pipe ready : ) Looking up at the top of the hut, the sun coming through looked like a star with a tail to me.

With all this that looks open, we were there after a good rain, and there was no wet ground inside.
While Madge and Amber walked the trail around the area, JoBea took pictures of her dad and I. She said she was going to take a picture of herself with every picture she took of me

and she did just that. She will LOVE this one being on here!!
A good worship service, a meal with other Christian brothers and sisters, time of enjoying God's creations outside, a wonderful time with family and friends once again. What a WONDERFUL Sunday!

We are truly blessed!
Have a FAMILY FUN DAY in Christ!
God bless you and yours!
2 comments:
What a lovely day and your pictures are terrific! I can't wait to see your new camera.
LOVE the feet pics! We have GOT to go to Natchez the next time I am home....I keep dreaming of some downtown shots.
Post a Comment