THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, December 24, 2006

An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name JESUS, because he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"..which means, "God with us." When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name JESUS.
Matthew 1:20-24
Tomorrow I will be celebrating Christmas...the birth of Jesus Christ... tho my heart celebrates it everyday..., so I write this in advance. As I sat down to write this I thought of a poem I had written many years ago so I scrambled through the box of all my writings and here it is....
A SPECIAL TIME OF YEAR
December is a Special month for everyone that lives,
It lets everyone come together so their friendship they can give.
This time also gives us spiritual strength, from the one that put us here,
So we can always remember, when in doubt, He IS always near.
It's also a time to remember the child that was born to die,
So we could be forgive and those of us could survive.
This child was very special for all of those to see,
Who would have ever thought, He had His mind on you and me.
I pray this time of year is wonderful for you,
and the Lord will be with you no matter what you do.
Christmas is coming and should be a special day,
May you spend it with your Family & Friends in a meaningful way.
(written in 1988)
MERRY CHRISTMAS and I pray, from the celebration of His birth, you will never be the same....PRAISING GOD IN ADVANCE!!!
(the picture above is of JoBea (Joseph) & Madge (Mary) several years ago)

0 comments: