THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Saturday, December 02, 2006



Baku, Azerbaijan
Harold shared with me this photo taken by a local, in a park in Baku. Isn't it beautiful?! It looks very serene......almost Heaven like. The leaves are gorgeous...hanging like gold on the trees and on the ground placed just right by the breeze. Again, if you don't know where Baku is just turn to the back of your Bible where the maps are. Find the Caspian Sea....Baku is the land that makes a little hook out into the Sea. Harold said this place was "way better" than when he worked in the areas of West Africa.
Here is Harold's home away from home....out in the Sea. When these companies are drilling in other Countries, they hire mostly locals to work. Harold stated that these locals are the hardest working bunch of people he has had the privilege of working with in a very long time. They do their work, including paper work, without being told every step to do it in. The guys are friendly from the ground level up to the Rig manager.
Shortly after he arrived on this rig, it began to rain and the temperatures dropped. The locals say they will have snow before Christmas. I figure, since it's worked out for him to be over there for Christmas, as least maybe he will have a white one....even tho I think that would excite me more than it would him : ) He said it will stay extremely cold from here on out till Spring. His e-mail also said he had sent me 3 other e-mails with pictures, but I didn't receive those.....maybe later. If they come I'll share them with you. He also said the weather was getting rough out there with high winds so he was writing before it gets really rough and e-mail can't be sent.
While writing this, I did get an e-mail saying "hot off the press...I should be home the 7th...this Thurs. night." That will be nice because of the girls pageant Sat. and having to carry JoBea to the neurologist Sat. in Jackson BEFORE the pageant and get back to have Madge at the school just after lunch for hers. I was going to be worn out...and still will be regardless : )
This will also allow him to be home for Madge's Chorus Christmas Program on the 11....which reminds me, I have got to find her a pair of Khaki pants! agh!!
God is blessing me, once again, with the timing of Harold being home at the most hectic part of the month. I'll say it again but this time I want YOU to say it out loud with me....God is good ALL THE TIME....all the time GOD IS GOOD!
May you appreciate the goodness of your day today....

1 comments:

carol said...

Joddie,
I can not express to you how much your blog inspires me. I love reading about what is going on with you and each time I read I miss you. I really wish we could find some time to sit and share sometimes. Maybe soon. Call me and we will do lunch sometime. I love you much. Carol