Yes, it did cool off quite a bit today which helps out with these hot flashes! Now all I have to do is open a door and get instant relief!!
It wasn't cold enough to turn the heat on this morning, but as the day progressed, I found it necessary to get the chill out the air.
Walking over to the thermostat, I have a feeling of dread because you know how it is, once you turn it on, it's on until spring but, it had to be done.

I slid the control over to heat, turned to make sure the pilot light and etc. were working, once it caught up, I went on about my business UNTIL the SMELL!!! How can I forget that first of the season aroma?! It stops me dead in my tracks every year. I like the aroma of it, some do not. Soon I was off to run errands. Starting the car, I turn the heater on so it can warm up and the smell is much more pleasant to me..actually reminds me of the winter season we are about to have. Then again, there are others who just smell a terrible odor.
Funny how the same thing may be so different for each person, just like the Gospel. 2 Corinthians 2: 14-16 came to mind....."But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?"
It goes on to say in my study notes "In a roman triumphal procession, the Roman general would display his treasures and captives amidst a cloud of incense burned for the gods. To the victors, the aroma was sweet; to the captives in the parade, it was the smell of slavery and death. When Christians preach the gospel it is good news to some and repulsive news to others. Believers recognize the life-giving fragrance of the message. To non-believers, it smells foul like death...their own."
I pray for each of us, as Believers, that we continue to recognize the "fragrance" of Gods message and would be willing to share it with others. I also pray for all non-believers that God's message will become a "sweet aroma" to you...one that will help you look back at the "change of season" with thanks to our Lord, the Lord that loves You.
Have a FRAGRANT filled day in Christ!
GOD BLESS.....
1 comments:
The first fire of the season--like God's arms wrapping around us. What a great feeling.
Post a Comment