THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Two days after Thanksgiving, I sit here eating ro-tel,
pondering over what I should write, but I hear Christmas bells.
Bells ringing from the attic, the attic of my mind,
telling me to come fetch the decorations for I am so far behind.


But first I'll share a version of our turkey day,
then I'll move on & to the attic I'll find my way.


Thanksgiving day some of the nuts from our family tree,
show up at my parents, including me.






Harold made it in late just the night before, and he actually made it through the day without one little snore.

Turkey, dressing, beans and fried sweet potatoes were among the foods of the feast, all the food was treated equally, none was found to be least.


The kids gobbled their meal and out to the yard they ran,to play and ride bikes just as they had planned.


Every year they go to the shed to retrieve a rake, to get a big pile of leaves up for their own sake.



They run and jump into the pile with such fun and joy, the simplicities I pray for all little girls and boys.



When evening began to fall and the leaves became cold,they moved inside where my mother they would scold.


"Where's the tree and the decorations too?!" "We are all ready, just waiting on you!"


Decorations were placed in the den but no one stirred, because Elvis Presley Christmas music could not be heard.


Once Elvis took the stage and began to sing, the children's decorating & laughter began to ring.


Before the tree skirt can be placed underneath the tree, someone always thinks they must wear it, but it wouldn't be me.



With the decorations done and supper ate, we gathered our things and left before late.


Thanksgiving '07 the kids had a ball, it was truly enjoyed by the "nuts" and all.




I guess I need to close and pull out my Elvis too, get the decorations down for our girls to do.


Oh, the excitement of decorating for the upcoming day, recognizing Christ birth, who has given me life in many ways.


I pray you will get excited and not full of dread, for the Birthday of our KING that lies ahead.



GOD BLESS YOU ALL......




















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, how are you related to Jeannie Wallace? Looks and sounds like a great Thanksgiving. And I love your trees!