THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009



After getting my haircut today...yes, I just couldn't take it any longer!!! Anyway, as I was saying, after getting home from my haircut, I decided to cut grass. Running through the house I grabbed the lawn mower keys, threw some shorts on, slipped on my grass cutting shoes and off I went. Except the lawn mower wouldn't start. Oh man! I was soooo ready to get the yard trimmed before the rain, but that's not going to happen. As I walked back and forth from the house to the pool shed/house I caught a glimpse of something in the woods. If it's what I thought it was I wanted a picture! Off I go into the house for the camera then out to the pool area I go. It took me a few minutes to find what I had thought I had seen..and there it was...




Dogwoods in bloom! What a surprise!! This is the first on our hill to do so. As I stood there gazing at it I thought of how it's in the middle of nothing. All the trees have no leaves, everything looks dead, then there's this beauty! Sort of like all the dead around in the people when Christ was crucified. Then on that 3rd day when He arose from the grave there was life. My mind began to be filled with joy as I looked around, as I had before, at all the yellow jasmine hanging in all the trees, but it took on a different light for me...like a ton of bricks. After seeing the dogwood I thought of Christ being our Bridegroom, by dying on the cross He has made us suitable for Him. Because He loves us so much we can talk with Him about everything/ANYTHING. We have the love and joy that comes from Him and He has chosen us to be His Bride! With all this running through my little mind, all I could do is take a step back and stand in AWE of His words speaking to me through the beauty of the trees/vines once again. Several of them reminded me of a brides bouquet


and others hanging in beauty


just as if someone had come in and decorated for a wedding. And they have. HE has. CHRIST has. Christ has come into my life, filled me with the love and joy I could never find here on earth. He has turned all my pain, confusion, fears, loneliness, you name it I've had it, into blessings of pure joy. Christ has cleansed me through His sacrifice on the cross...for me...for YOU! I get all excited when I think of all the things Christ and I have been through together and He STILL LOVES ME!!!! What a bridegroom! Let's commit to each other to beautify ourselves with God's word so that we WILL BE READY when our Bridegroom, Christ, comes for us!


Have a "WEDDING PLANNING" day in Christ!


God bless you and yours.




1 comments:

Debra said...

Great picture and great analogy!!
The sky behind the dogwood actually looks like two angels, do you think? Jesus is LORD and I do not know what anyone does without HIM. Did you ever get the lawnmower cranked?