THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, March 02, 2009

The school pageant has come and gone. This is an annual fundraiser for the annual staff, if my memory serves me correctly...and it doesn't 95% of the time.

Saturday was a whirlwind from the time we got up until I got Madge to the Cafeteria at school...the holding cell for the beauties. Pictures were taken by professionals before hand.

Again, dresses were being pinned up, lipstick going on, hairspray flying everywhere and smiles all aglow. Mothers were snapping pictures of their own with friends as girls laughed and complimented each other. Boys just walked around as if in a fog, most likely thinking of ALL the other things they could be doing INSTEAD of being in a "monkey suit" standing in front of a lot of folks. As with each year, ALL were beautiful...as well as ALL the guys were good looking...is that the correct word for it these days?

There weren't as many participants this year, so we didn't have to wait for hours and hours. It actually went off smoothly.

Madge did not place but had won just by being able to dress up and get her nails done. Getting her nails done meant more to her than anything else.

Madge was glad her friend Emily Smith won 1st in 8th grade...second from left in pic. below....


and her friend Raigen Smallwood won 1st in 7th grade.



After an hour or so break, it was on to the High School pageant.

Again, I entered the cafeteria where all the guys and gals were waiting their turn for pictures to be made. There is always such a difference in Middle school and High school girls. The Middle school girls were laughing, hugging, complimenting each other and carrying on as always. NOT so with the High School girls. They were in little groups. "Friends" weren't talking to friends. VERY competitive attitude with many. It went from FUN in the Middle school girls to SERIOUS with the High school's. I did not stay in there long.

Again, there weren't near 'bout as many girls this year. It was the shortest time we ever had to wait...and for this I was thrilled : )

JoBea and her friend Katlyn (in white) before leaving the house.





JoBea loves to dress up and always has. A tomboy isn't in her blood like it is Madge's. JoBea came in 3rd with her friend Katlyn winning 1st. All they could think of afterwards was getting home and out of the dresses and on to eating!! They were so hungry from having to take the time to get ready :)



One of the guys from our Church, Preston Shelton,
won too!



Isn't he a handsome fellow?!

Oh, I can't forget ONE little fellow that was MORE than a little upset when his sister friend (Madge) didn't place.

he finally was able to move on without anyone getting hurt : )


Madge can't wait for next year....JoBea said she would like to sit and watch it for a change, but beings she will be a SENIOR she will walk that stage one more time.

It turned out to be a good night. Stage was beautiful, sound system was working good, guys and gals enjoyed themselves and we as parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters & friends had a great time participating by "judging" too! Not judging the child themselves, but the false things such as dresses & hairstyles.

When it comes to these pageants I think about God's standards versus our standards or society's.


1 Samuel 16:7---But the Lord said to Samuel,"Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."



I don't know about you, but I'm certainly glad God is doing my judging. Like part of the study note says, "While everyone can see your face, only you and God know what your heart really looks like. What steps are you taking to improve your heart's attitude?"

Have an ATTITUDE adjusting day with Christ!

God bless you.....
















4 comments:

Stephenie said...

WOW! What beautiful girls you have! I don't know that I have ever seen Madge look like that...I really loved JoBea's dress! Your earlier blog was right, her dress was perfect for her! You have really mastered your camera to get such good stage pics...

Jill McCormick said...

The girls were VERY beautiful! I know how proud you were. God bless...

Samantha said...

Oh goodness, the girls are gorgeous! I'm surprised that Madge didn't place. She looks like Cinderella in that gown. JoBea's dress was awesome.. red is a GREAT color for her.

Barbara said...

There was definitely something wrong with those judges!!