April....the month for birthdays in our Family.
First we started off with Harold's on the 2nd. He was working and wasn't able to be home with us but we sent lots of e-cards to him! Here's a picture of the birthday boys...my dad & Harold.
The 14th was my dad's. I'm not going to tell his age because he might not taking me fishing anymore...but he's 4 yrs. older than my mom.
Yesterday my cousin Skippy had a birthday, the 15th.
Today, the 16th, is my brothers. He is 1 yr. 5 days older than myself.
On the 18th my Aunt Eleanor Westbrook will be another year older along with my cousin Jeannie
on the 19th.
on the 19th. The 20th will be my Aunt Versies, mine following the next day with my moms
following on the 22nd...(I'm a day older than my mom..WOW!)
She would withhold her roast and potatoes from me if I told her age, so I guess you won't know my dads either.
She would withhold her roast and potatoes from me if I told her age, so I guess you won't know my dads either. My brothers wife birthday follows on the 23. Pulling up the tail end, the 29th, is my little Madge...she will be 14. She's still young enough I can tell her age. So as you see, we just wake up, try to remember whose "day" it is and make that call of wishing them well.
I'm not sure where the "don't tell your age" thing came from. I guess some people just don't want others to know. To me, birthdays are a celebration of this life God has given us, and the older you are the better! I would NEVER want to go back to my younger years....I'M LOVING every minute of my soon to be 45 yrs.

You can thank Madge for this picture!
Be glad to share the number of special years God has allowed you to be here....the longer you are here, the more days you have to prepare yourself a place with GOD in Heaven!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL APRIL PEOPLE!
Have a HAPPY day celebrating with Christ!
God bless you....
2 comments:
I am going to be on an airplane and in meetings all day of your birthday...SO....HAPPY BIRTHDAY (early, of course). Know that I love you and with you a wonderful week!
*wish
Post a Comment