THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, April 07, 2009


I have finally sat down to catch up on my life of adventure...cause if you are living you KNOW it is an adventure! What a fun one it is too. I use to not think so but now it's just the excitement of the closer walk my God and I have with each valley and the pure relaxation together of the mountain top times, with joy ALWAYS for the Lord ! Anyway I go, I just can't lose..PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Speaking of the enjoyable time, Sunday was one of those days. The girls and I were invited to my dear friend Barbie's home for an early Easter celebration with family. After Church we ran home, put on our play clothes and off we went.

Across the road was a BEAUTIFUL tree in all it's glory. I walked over and took my photo op.



Gorgeous, just gorgeous.


First on the agenda was for the older youngins to hide eggs before the little ones were to arrive.


They did a pretty good job placing them....

then keeping them from rolling down hill...


with some of them just trying to make things challenging...



Not sure who hid this one....


the one in the flower, but it was very creative!

Carly put them in very hard to find places (see in the grass)....


she could have put them around those boots and they would have never found them : )

Madge says "what the heck" and lets them fall as she spins and throws them.



As you can see, they had a basket full! The ones you see are just HALF of what was there.

Then there's always the elder that comes out to "help"...yeah right...


but instead causes much distraction.

Tre's face is an example of the frustration and anguish that comes with hiding eggs.


actually it's a face of fear....fear of my BEATING him in basketball when I challenged him! Be afraid Tre' be VERY AFRAID! haha


Just like clock work, Grady's family began to arrive as soon as the eggs were all in their hiding places. To kill some time, as the finishing touches were done with the meal, the children dyed eggs. The dinner bell rang (Grady called us) for us to come inside. The blessing was given and we all feasted on a WONDERFUL meal cooked by Barbie . EVERYTHING was just perfect. The weather was perfect for an outside meal and time of fellowship. When the kids had finished eating they were turned lose in the yard to find the many eggs.


Looks as if they are lined up for a firing squad, but they soon relaxed and took off...


checking every nook and cranny,

every blade of grass was turned ....



until all was found....maybe.

Sweet little faces were aglow after Aunt Pam presented each one with a bag of Easter happies after settling down from their hunt.



A blue Easter bunny made DJ a very happy little fellow...


while Landon tried his hands with the bubbles.....



he even caught himself one...well, you know what happened when he "caught" it.



Bubbles seemed to be the hit from their "happy" bag.



There was a scavenger hunt for the big folks with RJ being the winner


he was the ONLY one playing because the rest of us were enjoying strawberry shortcake!


As I took the next picture, looked at it after downloading on my cp it turned out to be, to me, the best moment captured.


The mother, grandmother, great grandmother arriving and going straight to the great grandchildren and loving each of their necks. They loved back but you could see the distracted look in their eyes....if only they knew to cherish this moment, every precious moment with her.


What a blessing it was to each of us, to gather together and share in fun times, fellowship and memories.

When the evening came upon us and all began to dwindle down, everyone packed up their things,



and called it a day...a WONDERFUL day : )


You know what....ok, here goes that thinking thing I do at times....

hunting and finding the eggs are similar to hunting and finding God. Watching the kids, they had looks of confusion, frustration, sometimes anger, exhaustion....but when they found the egg (God) they were happy, with each one they grew more confident, hopeful and joy was built up into their little hearts. With their basket full of eggs, when their little expressions would give way to that negative feeling coming up, they looked into their basket at the eggs (God) and the smile would reappear.

At least that's how my life was. Filled with frustration, anger, confusion...all the negatives you can think of and more, but once I was able to look beneath, over and around all those things and find God and place Him in my basket (heart) you talk about the hopefulness and joy I have today. At those times I feel the negative coming up in my spirit....I too look into my "basket", see MY GOD and yes...smile.




Have a BASKET filled with Christ day!

God bless you & yours.






















































































































































































































































































































































































































0 comments: