
There were many assembly lines going. First was the organization group that discussed what everyone else would do : ) Isn't it funny that their picture is the only one that won't download on here? They don't want to be known as the "boss team" I guess.
Then there was the "popcorn stringer"team. Mr. Bill popped the corn....I don't think Orville Redenbocker in the microwave is the way they did it in the earlier days......but it worked just the same!



It looks as if they are a messy bunch of folks, but the popcorn on the floor is actually on a string. It was funny to watch them sneak a piece or two of popcorn during their hard labor. When I saw this action I took Mr. Bill's place for a while to get my fill of the good buttered pieces so they wouldn't be wasted on the tree.
Now we'll move on to the "lick and stick" team. The team that put together the old fashion paper chain. You can't find just red and green construction paper anymore, so we ordered it pre-cut and ready to go. All they had to do is lick the end and stick it to the other end. When it arrived the red was more orange...companies don't seem to know what the color red looks like anymore.....so they just made a green chain. I missed seeing the elmers glue all over their hands and etc. so again, the lick and stick method put a new twist on an old craft. Here is the team hard at work!

You gotta love a crew that works this hard,putting in that much effort on a project. They give....spit and all...until they can't give anymore..WHAT TROOPERS!
After all their strength has depleted, the saliva glands has dried up, we move on to the next phase where our "dinner team" prepares a meal to be shared with the group. We have had lots of volunteers to prepare a different course of the meal....and always one very dedicated Hostess. She never sits till last...making sure everyone has what they need.

She ALWAYS delivers her service with a smile....here you can't see that because I caught her concentrating on opening a bottle of dressing. She did succeed with the bottle, smiled her big smile and over feed us with yet another new recipe. She uses us as her guinea pigs...and we comply because that's what our group is about...being dedicated till the end!
As our time ended, I enjoyed sitting...finishing up the last of my "guinea pig food", which by the way is ALWAYS the best ever, and watching the Jolly Elders admire the tree they had done. It brought out of them even more past Christmas stories than they had shared during our Christmas program last year. 
Here's the "boss team", "popcorn stringer", "lick and stick", and "dinner" team all together with their finished product...an Old Fashion Christmas tree. Their eyes were all aglow as they stood and admired it. It was a feeling of Christmas eve to me, seeing them become giddy with laughter of memories and anticipating what our Church members would say....or maybe they just needed their nap...either way, it was a delight to my heart to be blessed by God with another morning of fellowship with his older children.
I could never fully express the love I have for this group. I ask the Lord for special blessings upon the one that nominated me to work with them. I've asked and no one knows who it was....but God does. If you are missing something in life....find a group of Senior Adults or even visit the nursing home or elderly of your Church, Community...I guarantee you an experience with your emotions, your heart like none other. THANK God for our elderly and their youthful spirits..... that CAN be brought back to life with a little help from you.
I challenge you to call, visit or write a Senior Adult in your Church, community or wherever TODAY! It only takes a minute to drop a card in the mail.....God has time for you!
"Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:32
Praising the Lord for another day in which to share His great love.

0 comments:
Post a Comment