THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, February 16, 2007

VALENTINES WITH THE JOLLY ELDERS.....

We have a great group of Senior adults at our Church, as you have heard me say before. On the 13th of this month, we had yet another meet and eat meeting. We seem to rush through the meeting part to get straight to the eating! In March we will once again ride in the St. Paddy's day parade. This year Harold will be able to pull us around town beings he will still be home.....He just arrived home on the 14th. The Jolly elders were on a role discussing the "preparations" for the "float" we will have and how they wanted to dress. Speaking of dress....some of them wore red for our valentines meeting....Quent was laughing saying he had his "pimp" shirt on! They went on discussing other things, such as this, but I won't go into any details....they forget my ears are still young and impressionable.....

Anyway, with each meeting I read to them a very cute story from a book of one of our members. The book is called, "HELP LORD! I'm having a Senior MOMENT..by Karen O'Conner". Here's part of one story:

One night as she and her husband were getting ready for bed, she saw an insect crawling up the wall. "There's a bug," she called to Chuck. "Quick, get it." He grabbed the fly swatter and went after the little beast but couldn't find it. "I don't see anything," he said. "It must have flown off."

Edie looked again and there it was---going up the wall just as before. "It's right there," she shouted while pointing in front of her. "Get it!"

Her husband still did not see a thing. Edie then noticed that the "bug" kept moving in the same direction as her eye. "Oh, Chuck," she said, realizing what was going on, "it's not a bug after all. It's a floater in my eye!" "Chuck put down the fly swatter," she said, "and we both fell on the bed laughing at my senior moment."

LORD, PLEASE GIVE ME the eyes to see--not only a bug on the wall--but your Spirit at work in my life.

Isn't that funny?! I haven't reached senior adult status yet, but I do have many floaters. I love to read different little stories from this book because it's mostly of things that we do when getting older, but telling it in a funny way. To end the story she always leaves you with a short, little prayer, as above.

As I stated above, Harold did make it in from Baku and we will be very busy this time in. Not only are we going to put down flooring in 2 big rooms, but we are also painting them too! If you don't hear anything from me in a while, you will know I've either painted myself into a corner or I am exhausted and in the bed till forever!

Remember to love a Senior Adult...as well as others...as God loves you!

0 comments: