THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, June 08, 2007

It is NO secret, today was a hot one from start to finish!

Harold (made it in from work Wed. night) and I got up this morning, ate breakfast and headed to maw-in-laws to cut grass. She loves to run out the house when she hears that lawnmower, jump out in front of you and start pointing at what she doesn't want cut "in case" it might bloom....weeds included. As she told me yesterday about the flower bed under her front window.."I've got a good crop of golden rods don't I?!" I would rip them out by the root...she, on the other hand, is waiting for them to "be pretty this fall." She loves ALL the flowers, weeds and all, that God provides. After I got the grass cut, while Harold did the weed eating, we sat on the porch (so she could keep close watch) and talked.
She then stood in the yard and admired her pretty cone flowers.

I guess this is where Madge gets her love of flowers also. Her and "mamie" as the girls call her, could walk together forever looking and discussing them. Madge will also check each one to see if they smell.

Madge also LOVES this plant. She says it's her favorite...because....

the colors remind her of watermelons!! If you read a couple blogs back, you already know just how much Madge loves a watermelon. I never thought of it's colors in that manner, but I guess it does! If ANYONE knows where to get this child a really good watermelon this year PLEASE let me know. She's begging for another watermelon because the other we have gotten wasn't too good.

Maw-in-law has also been so proud of her Butterfly bush. This year it finally was a nice size and shape, just what she had been waiting on. Even tho the blooms have lost their color and about to disappear from the branches, as you can see, the butterflies still love them.


Today was a good day.

Even tho it was a working day, as always, God throws in the fun things, the beauty that only He can provide for us to share. I THANK GOD for the flowers He has created, if for no other reason, to put a smile on maw-in-law's face when she talks about them and sees them. They bring her such pleasure when everything else seems to be changing around her.

Again, I THANK YOU LORD for the little things that keep my Family and Friends uplifted even when life challenges them.

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS!









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good DIL! Do you want to mow my grass? :) I love the cone flowers too. You haven't let me know about the tests.