Summer fun.........
or at least for now. You know how we all were as children..."please let me cut the grass...pleeeease!!!" I had told Madge when I got ready to cut the front she could (it's level). She's been asking everyday and driving me nuts. The other day Harold told me he was going to cut in front and around my Aunt's trailer. I told him I had promised Madge to cut the front, Henry's old pen, and she will be very upset if he does it. He decided to cut around the trailer and by that time I would have gotten Madge up and headed her out. That was the quickest she has gotten up in a while! She didn't even grab something to eat or drink..she was scared if she took too long her daddy would cut "her" grass. I watched Harold walk.....

and walk, only stopping to pick up highway litter as he went....
but never getting too far away from what was at hand....
but never getting too far away from what was at hand....Madge learning to cut grass.
What a patient man to walk that whole place, back and forth, making sure his child felt secure and was safe. She did a very good job....so did Harold.
What a patient man to walk that whole place, back and forth, making sure his child felt secure and was safe. She did a very good job....so did Harold. Isn't that just like Christ?! ALWAYS walking beside us, picking up our little stuff, even when the "grass" is tall and we have to "cut" our way through, He's there to help us feel safe and secure. I'm so THANKFUL God is a patient God.
Patience with others, and even ourselves, is something we all need to strive more for. Just as Christ does, so should we.
It says in EPHESIANS 4:2..."Be completely humble and gentle; be PATIENT, bearing with one another in love.
The study notes explain it like this:
God has chosen US to be Christ's representatives here on earth. In light of this truth, Paul challenges US to live lives worthy of the calling we have received---the awesome privilege of being called Christ's very own. This includes being humble, gentle, patient, understanding and peaceful. People ARE watching YOUR life. Can they see Christ in you?
With these traits will YOU not only become stronger.....

you will also help others gain strength in their lives.
Have a PATIENT day in Christ!
God bless you and yours.....
0 comments:
Post a Comment