Surgery.....
With the good Lord's hands, my parents and a very Dear Friend, we all made it through the day yesterday (3rd).
Madge began to cry once we got there and began to help her in that lovely hospital gown..come to think of it maybe that AND the beautiful blue hat that came with the gown is what brought tears to her eyes! She had been telling me she wanted to go first and get it over with...but changed her mind quickly. They IV'd her first and gave her a valium, then we told her she could lay and watch JoBea go through it now. Madge continued to talk with Debra, asking many questions and really was ready to run, but didn't. They moved them both across the hall to the holding cell where Madge began to let me know over and over that she did NOT want to go first. I looked over at JoBea and saw the big alligator tears run down her face, but she said she was fine. I cried with her, then we were both fine. I look back at Madge letting her know I had no control over when they went, Dr. Austin makes that decision. Then he comes in, talks a few min. with them, grabs Madge by the foot and says, "I'll be starting with you and it won't be long now." I could see her eye's begin to bulge and her heart begin to race. The nurse came in shortly to get her....someone I knew of from school, Kaye. I told Madge she was in good hands because that was Mrs. Kaye, I know her from school and then Kaye began to really talk with her after realizing who we were and off the two went just a talking....Kaye talking more than Madge.
Madge came out, JoBea went in.
Madge had been in recovery about 20 min. when they rolled JoBea in. JoBea quietly slept....Madge snored where EVERYONE could hear her.
Dr. Austin says Madge will be down a good 14 days because he had to do lots more on her. JoBea will have a shorter recovery time. JoBea isn't doing any talking....but we all know Madge, you can't keep her down. She's talking some. Here are a couple pictures of the girls relaxing this morning.

It's time to medicate them so I'll close.
THANK YOU all for your prayers!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
1 comments:
They are going to kill you when they see the pictures you've posted! Nurses are supposed to protect their patients.
Post a Comment