THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Thursday, February 26, 2009



Working in the yard, such as moving the rose bed, making new ones. Harold adding to the yard, planting grass seeds, to make it larger so that I will have even MORE grass to cut, is about all we've been doing lately.


It's been so nice outside, who wouldn't want to enjoy it while it last. With all the outside work going on, I must have really let time slip past me. Christmas was back upon me before I knew it, at least that's according to my Christmas cactus!

Ms. Delo gave me this one a few years ago and it has never bloomed. I LOVE the flowers, not only for their color but they remind me of little birds, maybe little hummingbirds flying.


Maybe it's just my imagination, but that's what I see :)


I'm thrilled over it because I am no where close to having a green thumb. Verbena, yes, it does it's own thing and I NEVER have to touch it, water it or anything. Everything else would just belly up and die on me...even with me TRYING to tend to it.


Speaking of belly up. This is what I saw this morning when I was about to get Squirt out to feed him.


You can barely see his little head on the other side of the limb. No I hadn't killed him, he was sound asleep. I even moved the limb to get a better photo

and he just continued to sleep right on! Squirt is changing everyday. Looking more like the little squirrel that he is. More hair, a little bushier tail. He is just adorable right now.


He hasn't opened his eyes, and I've wondered when he does, will I look like a mama squirrel to him? : ) His first thoughts may be how HUGE his mama is! He moves his little ears back and forth with noise now, they aren't flat to his head. I've also moved him from his box to a brand new cage with his "owl" friend, limbs and stuff (as you could tell from above pictures). He sleeps a lot more since I've put him in there. Yesterday I couldn't help but take this photo op of Squirt napping.


Hanging on to the other limb I placed on the floor of the cage. He seems to really enjoy his new surroundings.

Sunday, Madge and I attended Church with Harold and JoBea. I decided to see if Ms. Esther would like to go for a little change in her surroundings and see JoBea singing. She wanted to and was excited about riding to Natchez. After Church we ate lunch at Ruby Tuesdays, where she and I shared a big pastry puff with 2 scoops of ice cream (I know she LOVES ice cream, ) with fresh strawberries(I love) on top for dessert. She and I left nothing on the plate...well, some of the pastry puff was left behind. As we waddled from there we went to the mall for Madge to find a few clothes items. If you haven't notice, she has had a growth spirt! Then over to wally world so Harold could get a couple things to finish up yard stuff and maw-in-law could purchase a few things. Wally world IS her favorite past time : )


Madge and I shared her cotton candy on the way home. Of course, we just had to get pictures of each other.


Why she ALWAYS has to get such close ups on me I'll never know!
We played in the back seat while Harold and maw-in-law visited on the way home. It was a very full day...leaving at 9:30 and returning around 5:15...it was a good day....to me, any day I can get maw-in-law out and share laughter with her is a great day!


Thinking of the beautiful days God has given us to work in our yards, thinking of gardens to be planted, seeing our animals grow from our taking the time to feed them as they should/need to be makes me think of the spiritual gardens I should be planting for Christ. Am I planning or asking God for insight into where I need to sow the seeds that come from Him? Am I taking the time to "feed" those I come in contact on a daily basis or even those I may never see again? We literally have a plot as large as the earth to sow in!


Luke 8:5-8----"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell among the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown."


STUDY NOTE: ---The farmers goal is to get as much seed as possible to take root in the good soil, but there is inevitable waste as some falls or is blown into less productive areas. That some of the seed produced no crop was not the fault of the faithful farmer or of the seed. The yield depended on the condition of the soil where the seed fell. It is OUR responsibility to spread the seed (God's message) but we should not give up when some of our efforts fail. Remember, not every seed falls on good soil.



As I "sow" around my house for beautiful plants to come up, the infant squirrel to live and to "sow" happiness in Ms. Esther's life, I need to "sow" even, if not more so, in the areas I'm not comfortable in "sowing". What if we ALL only "sowed" in our comfort zones? I fear there will be lots of "wasted" area. Areas that won't even get the CHANCE to grow.....because of me. WOW, how hard that just hit me....BECAUSE OF ME...others may not get a chance to know and grow in Christ.


Have a SOWING SEEDS day with Christ!


God bless you....







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you have an Easter Cactus, it's beautiful

Anonymous said...

I've heard of Easter Cactus, never seen one till now. Does remind you of the hummingbirds. Know Esther appreciated spending the day with all of you and getting to hear JoBea sing.