AND THEY'RE OFF!

Off to school that is. See the BIG smiles on their faces?!! Today is the first day back to school for Franklin County. JoBea is a Jr. & Madge 8th grade. I'm sure today the halls will be filled with great excitement as the kids are wanting to see their friends, some for the first time since summer. Most likely there will also be some anxiety in finding this years classes and meeting new Teachers especially those starting Middle School, everything will be new.
As with every year, the most fun part , besides seeing their friends again, is them getting their school supplies! I just wished they enjoyed USING them as much as they enjoy getting them.
Right now it feels like Monday due to the girls going today. I'll be wanting to wake them up in the morning and rush them off somewhere.
This has been the greatest summer for our Family. We've done lots of things together. I give GOD ALL the GLORY for this working for us, for me, because had I not had HIM to lean on, with a great friend (my HSB) He has provided me, we still would not have gone anywhere. It was a busy time, and we've loved every minute of it.
As for today, I feel a little bit lonely. Even the animals are a little sad. Sadie is lying on the porch,
watching them leave and watches as all the others travel the highway. Jinx (cat)
just wants to make sure Madge is not around to chase him. Thunder
misses his sisters already.
watching them leave and watches as all the others travel the highway. Jinx (cat)
just wants to make sure Madge is not around to chase him. Thunder
misses his sisters already. No one here. No children laughing, complaining, swimming in the pool, asking for snow cones, begging to go somewhere or for someone to come over to stay. My HSB is even gone....back to work that is. I'll miss her text during the day & her calls just to share what's going on.
My alone time will be good tho. I'm recommitting myself to Bible Study on a more routine basis. I've started a study on the book of Revelations, so I'm excited to get deeper into it.
This year let's make a commitment to our children, our school system and everyone that works within it, to PRAY EVERYDAY for God to lead each step that is taken, with every decision made by all responsible to any part in which our Children are affected on daily basis. Don't forget to pray for those children that are left alone after school until parents return from work.
Colossians 1:9-14 tells us how to pray for others, leaders we haven't even met: "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
Study notes state: Sometimes we wonder how to pray for our leaders. Even if we know them or not, we can request that they (1) understand God's will, (2) gain spiritual wisdom, (3) please and honor God, (4) bear good fruit, (5) grow in the knowledge of God, (6) be filled with God's strength, (7) have great endurance and patience, (8) stay full of Christ's joy, and (9) give thanks ALWAYS. All believers have these same basic needs. When you don't know how to pray for someone, use Paul's prayer pattern for the Colossians.
GOD BLESS OUR SCHOOL.......GOD BLESS YOU!
2 comments:
That's a great way for us all to pray. What a wonderful year this is going to be. I have such high hopes for all our children (grandchildren).
A friend and I have just started the Bible study by Stormie Omartian, "The Power of a Praying Parent." Keep our kids covered under prayer in every aspect of their lives can literally change their now and their futures for the better, for God's glory, and mold them into the people He created them to be. That partnering with Him in raising Him really excites me. I can't imagine having to go it alone!
Post a Comment