
My friend Stephenie S. had blogged how great MAMMA MIA! was. As she and I began to text I found out she REALLY enjoyed it and insisted Barbie, her mom Sue and I go see it. As it turned out, Saturday, the day planned for this adventure, Sue would be working, Barbie had a chap and I had chaps. We decided we would just load up all the girl chaps and head to town. Off to Brookhaven, Barbie driving, me (co-pilot) up front. JoBea & Brandi in second seat with Madge and Carly to the back. I let Stephenie know we had the movie covered with all ages going to critique it. With this call I had orders to call her AS SOON as we left the theater.
Sunday rolled around. As soon as lunch was over at Church, I got JoBea and Madge settled to where they would be while I went to Jackson to stay overnight for an early Dr. appt. Debra drove me up, and really got into scooting around in my little red car! She and I got a room, of course we were hungry and in the process of talking I told her she needed to see MAMMA MIA! She had seen the previews and that was it. Well, luck would have it, or I should say God would have it, the Movie Theater was right next door. It was now 5:30 and with starvation at our door we decided where to eat, but first I bailed out the car and up to the window to check the time on the movie. 7:10. We were excited about this, but she wasn't sure about me seeing it a 2nd time. I reassured her I wanted to see it again. At 7:10 we are seated, along with the other 6 people, PRAISE GOD, in the darkness once again. After 20minutes we had wondered if we had gotten tickets to see just previews of shows because that's all there was. FINALLY, MAMMA MIA! I laughed just as much, I think maybe more, than the first time. I definitely wanted to get up and dance, clap and just let loose. After leaving I found out Debra felt the same way. It was one of those movies you want to clap (because you lose yourself) as if watching a play. While walking to the car we were giddy like school girls. Maybe it was the tiredness of our bodies in thinking about that long 2 min. trip back to our hotel : )
Debra was hyped with enjoyment from the movie. She and I talked until around midnight before calling it a night.
Monday morning was a GOD day. We woke up, both of us, with the song, MAMMA MIA running in our brains. We couldn't shake it.
Here we are on Tuesday and guess what we are doing tomorrow?!
Lord, I THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for the great friends you have put in my life that we can share fun times & laughter, as well as the hard times & the tears...and still be there for each other because we are each on the same journey and that is to serve You.
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm." Proverbs 13:20
Study note: The old saying "A rotten apple spoils the barrel" is often applied to friendships, and with good reason. Our friends and associates affect us, sometimes profoundly. Be careful whom you choose as your closest friends. Spend time with people you want to be like--because you and your friends will surely grow to resemble each other.


Umm, then again, we might better rethink these friendships : )
2 comments:
Girl when you get going you keep it up!! I'm glad you and Debra had some fun--you both needed it!! I only wish I had been with you!! :)
GO GET'EM, GIRL! I am so glad that you enjoyed you multiple "girls trips." What would we do without our friends...??? I am so glad that you went to the movies and overcame your fear....what a GOD thing!
Post a Comment