THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, August 01, 2008

Update on Madge...


Well, her "cute" oral surgeon told us not only is he going to cut out the tooth that is fused to the bone, but because her wisdom teeth are already just beneath the gums, those will be cut out also! So instead of the 1 she expected, she will have 5 cut out. He will place freeze dried bone where he takes the "original" tooth out so later down the road when he does the implant (2 to 4 yrs. he said) maybe they won't have to graft bone from her jaw.



Right now the date is set for the afternoon of August 21, but that will depend on if the anesthesiologist from the hospital can be there then. Dr. Lewis will use one from there beings this will require a longer surgery time. As Madge said, "It doesn't bother me one bit right now, but just wait until that day!" I've been through this with her with just one tooth before and it starts a day or 2 ahead with the nervousness.



When we first went in the consultation room, the nurse asked questions and etc. While Madge and I waited alone for the Dr. to come in we checked out her x-ray on the board. We talked and laughed about it, and I told her beings one was coming out he could just take out her wisdom teeth too since they were just begging to come through! She said, "DON'T YOU DARE tell him to. I AM NOT getting them pulled until they start giving me trouble! I just want to stay wise!" Shortly after we laughed about that, Dr. Lewis comes in, goes over everything and then says wisdom teeth have to go also. She looked at me like she could die. As he told her, when she is 15 and everyone else starts going through it, she will already have crossed that bridge.



Of course, I'm thinking, once again, could NO ONE see this problem ALL SUMMER?! At least we will get it done the first of school and hopefully move on to the fun stuff like CHEER LEADING AT BALLGAMES and etc!!!



Lord, thank you for leading Harold back to doing the work he did so many years ago. We weren't sure why there was such a strong leading for him to go, but I now see with my illness and our dental situation, we could have never made it without your help! Lord continue to give Harold and I the strength to go where you lead us without question.




GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
















2 comments:

Stephenie said...

Dr. Lewis is one nice piece of eye-candy...He "operated" on my wisdom teeth in the 11th grade...Glad that things will be soon taken care of and then fun times will be the focus!

Heather said...

Wished y'all would've come to see us in Jxn!! I work in Oral Surgery at St. D. I would've taken EXTRA care of her for ya!!!