I HAVE BEEN CHALLENGED by my good friend Steph
with a "survey says" questionnaire. Not only is this a great way to know the friends you don't get to see very often, but also yourself.
with a "survey says" questionnaire. Not only is this a great way to know the friends you don't get to see very often, but also yourself.Thanks Steph for making me have to put my brain in overdrive this morning! : )
The first questions deal with friendship:
1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? No, as they say, friends come and go through seasons and I've found a season that never changes and it's the season of the Lord and with it a couple really close friends, along with many other friends on the same journey.
2. What do you value most about your friends? Their love for Christ.
3. Are your friends sounding boards? My 2 really close friends are when I need to sound off which isn't very often so I'm sure they are glad of that : )
4. What is your favorite activity to do with your friends? Everything! Movies, taking tours around different areas, dining out, cooking in,
ballgames, vacation, just being together.
The others concern things I value and don't value.
Six things I value:
1. My faith - It's what keeps me going on a daily basis. Not just to "get through my day" but to make the best of my day.
2. My family – My parents, Harold and the girls...a few of the greatest blessings God has given me in life. He used them to help create who I am today.
3. My friends – I choose them and they choose me....sometimes they probably wonder WHY they did tho :)
4. Honesty- No matter how hard it is for us to be honest with each other, it's what makes us real.
5. Church family-It's my at least once a week pick me up having shared in worship and fellowship with them. Just because they are called "Church family" doesn't mean we are limited to fellowship at Church, we each know our homes are opened to one another at any time.
6. small community- Nothing better than living in a small community. True, everyone may know your business but that's also a good thing when in need. When it comes down to it, there's a lot of care and concern for each other whether you're lifetime friends or just an acquaintance. When times are hard people rally for you...when times are good....people rally for you :) PEOPLE KNOW YOU and I'm glad.
Six things I don't value:
1. People that use God as a pawn...such as in politics, jail situations, and everyday life.
2. Disloyalty and Inequality. To God, Country, Others, and Self…
3. Dishonesty- I want to know the "real" person, the "real" situation regardless of what is/has or isn't going on.
4. Lack of responsibility- People who are always blaming others for their "downfall" in life. Choosing NOT to better themselves when all the opportunities are there. The "woe is me" syndrome.
5. Court/social systems that DO NOT protect children, as well as elderly, from all types of abuse. This sets me off quicker than anything else in life.
6. Selfishness-People that only think of themselves and do things only if it will bring something back to them.
Now I challenge each of you that are reading this. Blog it or even e-mail it to me-- spring@ftcweb.net
Don't be scared...you read mine now let me know about you : )
2 comments:
GREAT JOB! Your answers were really really good and some of them I was ashamed that I didn't list on mine ;) Love ya!
I tried to send this to you and couldn't get the link to work. I really wanted you to answer--loved your answers!
Post a Comment