
Different groups from the school participated, along with the court (which I didn't pic. of).

I know this next one was the Jr. float because JoBea rode it. She's in the black and white zebra print shirt. She and Rachel stayed up till late Wed. night painting them for school Thurs. They did a great job.

Future Bulldogs!!!

And last but not least.....OUR DOGS!!!
Come out and help celebrate the '08-'09 Homecoming...Tonight, Court presented at 6:30 and the Game at 7.
DOGS VS. JAGS
JoBea had eaten here before and said it was the best Mexican place ever. It was. They have a menu with lots of things...even pastas!

Tyler got the steak with black bean soup and mesa salad....
and for me, I had to try the bbq ribs with bake potato and mesa salad.
The ribs had a good flavor, but was a little over cooked. Just like Tyler's steak, my ribs were so hot (oven hot) you had to be careful. That's a lot better than being cool or cold tho.
We were pleased with the service, food and atmosphere.
I provided a little entertainment for the kids, except they missed it! As I said, the ribs were hot, so as I grab a small bone to tear the meat off, the bone slides from my fingers and flies through the air to the floor towards another table (no one was around). I began to fall out laughing and the kids look at me as if I had lost my mind. When I explained and pointed to where the rib landed, they too fell out! I told JoBea to hand me my camera and I would take a picture of it on the floor but she began to threaten me if I did. I got up and retrieved the bone so that no one would slip on it. I'm thinking if JoBea had seen it happen each of you would be reading my blog today written from a "home" somewhere.
I think we represented Franklin County well at Tortilla Soup because the Waitress told me, as we began to leave, she enjoyed waiting on us and she hopes next time we come she gets us. JoBea was surprised because when she and whoever came they weren't told that. I think she must have seen my "rib bone trick" and is in hopes next time I'll show her how to "catch air" with it :)
Have an ENJOYABLE day with Christ!
God bless you....
Some folks have ask for my e-mail so here it is, feel free to write....
2 comments:
I LOVE HOMECOMING! I can almost feel the excitement from FC up here! Nice parade recap...
The restaurant must be new? I'll have to try it out the next time I am home.
I guess we should have coordinated our "homecoming" posts! Between the two of us, we covered the parade pretty well. I especially like your critique of the new restaurant--Ed and I have been thinking about going. Now, I think we will. Thanks. We'll tell them we know you!
Post a Comment