THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, October 24, 2008

While visiting with my parents, a few weeks ago, my dad asked if I had seen the flowers that had come up at the slew in front of their house. I had not. He continued on about how they just came up from nowhere and had lined the slew in a bright yellow and almost called me to bring my camera to take some pictures . This was interesting to me because the slew had always been just a slew...nothing too special about it, except an alligator or 2 once in a while a few years ago. I told him I did have my camera, just by chance, with me. He then said they were probably not as many or not as pretty as they were a week or 2 ago. He, the girls and I walked across the road and you could begin to see what he was talking about.
My dad was excited to know they were still there so I could get pictures for him. I was excited to see it! The slew took on a whole new apprearance. Everywhere I looked there were more flowers. My dad said some of them had already gone, I couldn't imagine, because there was still plenty for me to enjoy.
All around the edges in every nook and cranny


there was such a warm glow coming from the beauty of these yellow flowers. We still don't know what kind they are, but it really doesn't matter to me, I'm just glad to get a chance to see them. It really changed the slew into a beautiful place.


Sometimes before finding the total peace of God, our lives are like the slew. We have a beautiful appearance around the edges where others will think we are totally controlled by God but actually evil is still lurking (alligator) inside. But there is "joy in the morning" when the Grace and Mercy of God has changed us from the inside out and the evil has been overtaken by the word of God.


Numbers 33: 50-53---On the plains of Moab by the Jordan across from Jerico the Lord said to Moses, "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'When you cross the Jordan into Canaan, drive out all the inhabitants of the land before you. Destroy all their carved images and their cast idols, and demolish all their high places. Take possession of the land and settle in it, for I have given you the land to possess.


STUDY NOTE: God told Moses that before the Israelites settled in the promised land they should drive out the wicked inhabitants and destroy their idols. In Colossians 3, Paul encourages us to live as Christians in the same manner; throwing away our old way of living and moving ahead into our new life of obedience to God and faith in Jesus Christ. Like the Israelites moving into the promised land, we can destroy the wickedness in our lives or we can settle down and live with it. To move in and possess the new life, we must drive out the sinful thoughts and practices to make room for the new.


So I guess, just like the slew, the alligators (evil) are gone and room has been made for the new (beautiful flowers).


Have an ALLIGATOR removing day with Christ!


God bless you.....






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photos came out really good. Daddy will be so proud when he sees them.