My dad couldn't find any of his buddies to go fishing with him yesterday so what was the next best thing? ME, his daughter! Yeap, I got to go be my dads fishing buddy for the day.
When he arrived to pick me up, I remembered I didn't have my fishing license. We are getting me a sportsman license but just haven't done it yet. My dad and I set out for Tyson's to get one. The machine was down so we had to wait about 35-40 min. This made us just over an hour late on our leaving time. Computers were suppose to help so much, and they do...WHEN THEY ARE WORKING! I kept thinking....just write it out like they use to.... It only took a couple minutes when doing it manually. Anyway, I finally got my license and off to catch a boat full of fish.
It was a great day to be out fishing. Sun was shining but the breeze kept you cool for most of the time.
My dad wanted to fish just off the bank when we first headed out, so I watched (and took pictures) while he did so.

It wasn't long before he shed that jacket! The trees changing colors were so pretty,
and will be even more so as the days go on.
and will be even more so as the days go on.My dad took us to a spot, tied us off and we fished a while. This is where he caught the first fish of the day.

Of course he threw it back because none of us had a skillet large enough to fry it up. The fishing got some better, his next one was larger. 
I didn't say how much larger, but it IS larger! Brim isn't one I like to eat, but I love to catch them because when you find a spot, they hit before the hook is in the water good.

I didn't say how much larger, but it IS larger! Brim isn't one I like to eat, but I love to catch them because when you find a spot, they hit before the hook is in the water good.
Then it was my turn to catch one.
It was even bigger. GOSH! Looks as if the one holding the fish needs to lose some weight...or should I say lose LOTS OF IT! Lets move on to another picture, fast!!!!
It was even bigger. GOSH! Looks as if the one holding the fish needs to lose some weight...or should I say lose LOTS OF IT! Lets move on to another picture, fast!!!!I snapped some photos as daddy motored us around to another spot.

I love this one with reflection on the water.....
the colors were so much brighter than any of these pictures show.We also passed a wood duck house, but as you can tell...
there are no renters as of yet, but the security (wasp on bottom) guards are there.
there are no renters as of yet, but the security (wasp on bottom) guards are there. Did you also know there are Piranhas in the lake?! Or maybe it's a large snake, maybe even the jaws of some sort of extinct animal....
Ok, so it's just the reflection of a leaf, but isn't it cool how it's lying in just the right way looking like something ferocious! Maybe the sun was just getting to me.
Ok, so it's just the reflection of a leaf, but isn't it cool how it's lying in just the right way looking like something ferocious! Maybe the sun was just getting to me. When the wind picked up and the trolling motor stopped working, daddy decided to end the trip. Just as we were about to arrive at the loading ramp I saw the Lake Enforcer, keeping warm in the sun.
As daddy loaded the boat on the trailer and I pulled the truck on up, he decided to see what was going on with the trolling motor...yes, it started up, it was working NOW, but who needs a trolling motor on dry land?Daddy had a good time fishing

and so did I, I love to fish...and NO there is NOT another picture of me :) !
Even tho we didn't catch many fish, we did catch some fishing buddy time together and that's worth more than any big fish out there.
Mama, I know you will read this, and you think it's too cold for fishing, but I think we can get in a day before long that you won't freeze to death on the lake. If nothing else, bundle up and enjoy the relaxation of the quietness....well except for us yelling every time we hook a BIG ONE!!
Oh, I can't leave out the ones that helped in our catching of the HUGE fish . If it weren't for....

the crickets, we would not have had any catch in our day.
Thank you Lord for another day to enjoy your beauty!
3 comments:
What an awesome day you had with your Dad; seeing God's blessings and feeling the love. Yesterday was one of God's perfect days!!
Sounds like a fun day, Joddie!! I enjoyed the pictures!
What a blessing to have a daddy with whom to go fishing! I envy you. Your pictures are wonderful. They make me want to get my flyrod out of moth balls and have a go at it.... almost. Thanks for sharing your day. I could almost feel the breeze across the water.
Post a Comment