F.A.T. for Christ!
I wrote of our family going to JoBea's Church Sunday, and I also wanted to share with you a little of what was spoken.
It was about "Discipleship is Divine in 2009"
We all know that each new year (as well as each new day) is a new beginning. There are 3 things we MUST do to begin anew.1. LEAVE IT COMPLETELY:
Leave your resentment behind.
Leave your worries behind.
Leave your failures behind.
1 Kings 8:33-34
I Corinthians 13:5-6
2. GRAB HOLD OF THE FUTURE:
Ephesians 5:15-17
Our time on earth is limited.
Psalm 90-10
Do not lose what we have to overload.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
3. KNOW WHAT THE LORD'S WILL IS FOR YOU:
You must be FAITHFUL
You must be AVAILABLE
And you must be TEACHABLE.
F...Faithful
A...Available
T...Teachable
F.A.T----We all make resolutions of losing weight each year,
but this needs to be the year we get F.A.T for Christ!!!!
Romans 13:11-14....And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
If I were to ask you what God's will for your life is, could you answer?
We need to know His will for us.
You don't have to walk alone...
we are to walk with each other
on this journey.So are you all ready to get F.A.T with me?!!!
I pray you are.
God bless you.....
1 comments:
Didn't know that I WANTED to be FAT...ha! Great way to incorporate your family pics into the lesson. Love ya!
Post a Comment