We've started out the new year with yet another Beth Moore Bible study. Our Women's group has something like 11 signed up. Last night was our first meeting and the introductory session was GREAT! The study is ESTHER--It's tough being a woman, can anyone relate : ) I was excited when I went to bed, knowing I had a study to look forward to this morning...but guess what? Yep, there must be something for me to obtain from this lesson because my first thoughts, before I even got out of bed were from satan saying, "You can not do this study. You are to stupid to understand all there is in this book. History isn't anything you understand or will understand. Just don't do it!" I wanted to stay pumped about the study, but my old thinking of not being smart in any field of education began to bombard my mind. After getting up I began to fight the "thoughts" with asking God to give me the desire to do this study regardless. I needed to be stronger than the negative sinking into my head. What do I need to do?! The phone rings and it's my dad, asking if I was up for some fishing beings we had a break from the cold weather. Of course I was! As the girls left for school, shortly we left for the lake...with a turn around trip back for the worms, and another for my fishing license...but we got there. First thing I thought about was not starting on my Bible study like I had planned, but knew I could do it tonight...but the "thoughts" were still popping up, and as they did I continued to ask God to help me. My dad and I pulled off from the pier,
it was a beautiful day! Nothing was biting but a few brim, which are very fun to catch so that was fine by me. I actually caught the first one,
I know it isn't much bigger than my cricket but hey, I caught it! Thought I would take a picture in case it was the only thing we caught. As it turned out we caught bigger ones,
but the biggest thing we caught today were underwater limbs. A mud duck swam by,
bobbing up and down with the waves.As much as I was enjoying fishing, my mind was still on the Bible study. By now I had decided I just wasn't smart enough to figure out such a study. As my mind wondered all over the place about it, again I said, "Lord, how will I do this?". As I turned to drop my line in the water ( in hopes not to catch another limb) I saw my answer.
A reminder to me that as a Christian, CHRIST is my "backbone". Can't you see it now in the picture?! He will help me understand. Then I was able to relax and truly find my peace of mind. Daddy and I loaded up the boat, gave our bigger brim to a guy fishing from the bank, and drove from the lake, but not without one more visit from a bird, but this time
it was turkey birds : )
After getting home and doing several things, a dear friend and I were texting and she told me to get on my Bible study before my bunch made it back home...she knew about my morning....and also knew I was dragging my feet some. I thought about the "backbone" again, gathered my study, worked it until day 1 was complete. If I didn't understand something, that was ok. Christ will have me understand what I need too at the correct time.
Mark 4:9---Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
STUDY NOTE: We hear with our ears, but there is a deeper kind of listening with the mind and heart that is necessary in order to gain spiritual understanding from Jesus' words.---Jesus' words were for the honest seekers.
I know Christ has given me the ability to understand His word and with Him as my backbone and my wanting to honestly know all about Him He WILL let me "hear".
Have a letting Christ be your "backbone" day!
God bless you.....
2 comments:
Ok, now I feel a little better. I struggled with a couple of the questions in Day One...we might have to pool our "collective ignorance". If this is like the other Beth Moore studies I've done somewhere else, it will be okay to have a blank or two and share thoughts when we gather again. At least I hope so!!! Now on to Day Two.... I also thought the intro session was awesome!
I'm not doing the study with you but I wish you'd stop putting yourself down! You are smart, and have the willpower to get anything done that you want to do. I've heard that study is a great one. Relax and enjoy it!!
Post a Comment