THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, January 09, 2009

Wii Fit


Oh yes, the girls just HAD to have a Wii Fit. I think EVERYONE needs one! You may not lose the weight or even tone up with it by DOING the exercises, but the laughter you will have with it will burn some calories and make your life a little more humorous.


Madge was the first to do it. She did pretty good and I wasn't paying close attention to it much. Then it was my turn. We made my little Wii person and on to the grueling part. It showed me how I am NOT centered...I tend to lean toward the left. Then it tells me my weight is normal, but barely (I am borderline with the overweight line). It ask my birthday date/year. How heavy the clothes are that I had on, weighs me, then says it's figuring out my BMI, body mass index, or in laymen terms, body fat. After this it gives my "real" age. The age of my body given all the stats....my body is 2 years older than I really am! I thought that was pretty good until we did Harold and his "real" age is 9 years YOUNGER than his actual age! I knew this game was going to be rough when just getting my stats done WORE ME OUT!


As I stand before the balance board it says it's setting up do not stand on board....so I wait a few sec. then it says, "stand on board now". I place ONE foot on it and the sound goes "UH". That is NOT the way to encourage me! I thought it was just me being the elephant that I am, breaking the poor boards back. Later, tho, I paid VERY CLOSE attention to it's sounds when Madge got aboard and it makes the same sound...so I did feel some better.


There are many things to do, strength training, balance, yoga, and aerobics. As you do so much time on these, you gain credit and new exercises are unlocked that you can do.


Just for an example I'm sharing a video of Madge doing the hula hoop. Something simple and I use to do it for long periods of time, as a child, but now.....Anyway, the video is sideways, for whatever reason, but you can see what's taking place. As she hulas enough to keep the hoop going, another Wii person throws another to you in which you have to lean to the side in which the hoop is being thrown. If you do that correctly, it falls around you (over your head) and you have to hula faster to keep it going. I believe it's 6 hoops in all on the beginner one you have to keep going. Here goes....turn up your volume so you can hear some of the sounds.




Madge may throw a fit about me sharing this but hey, I wasn't about to have ME on here!!


If your family is into fun, or needs the fun of togetherness, laughter and the joy of picking at each other....I do suggest you run out and purchase a Wii Fit....Oh, and by the way, you can keep your weight and all stats under code so no one else can see it...just thought I would share that in case you are timid in that manner.


If you don't/can't purchase one but just want the fun and laughter that comes with it....come join me. You haven't seen anything funnier than me trying to head hit soccer balls , walk a tight rope (I've fallen to my death several times), snow ski (I take down ALL the flags), and the list goes on and on.


Before this game I felt I could still do the things I use to, that my balance was still good, my rhythm was great and I was still pretty strong physically.....but now I KNOW I'm unbalanced, a cluts with dancing and it's all I can do to keep breathing just standing on a board! If you don't believe me, just ask my Wii trainer, I'm sure it will tell you!!



1 comments:

Stephenie said...

I LOVE IT!!! We get together sometimes to play with the neighbors...it is way too fun!