Another new member added to our family!
A friend of ours called wanting to see if we would want to take in an infant squirrel. It seemed he had fallen from it's nest....later she found out that the nest was destroyed on the ground with this little one being the lone survivor. They thought it had died and was going to give it a burial, but the next day, before being buried, the little infant moved to the amazement of my friends! That's when we received the call.
Because of it's "resurrection" from the dead, Madge decided to call him "ressy", a couple days later has decided on the name "squirt". So we now have Ressy Squirt Spring.
He is all of 3 in. long, eyes aren't open but has begun to get some hair. Barbie was my driver for my Dr. appts. Monday, and between the 2 appts. we ate and ran over to pet smart. Just so happens one of the workers had raised squirrels and led us to what milk I would need. After getting home, I warmed a little up and it took just a few seconds before he realized it was some good stuff!
He ate enough to make me feel at ease. You know how we like our "babies" to eat! At one time he even held his"bottle"!
After eating a little he gave a good stretch, an even bigger yawn,
then I bundled squirt back up, turned the heating pad on low and sat his box bed back on it. He has been resting well.
He is all of 3 in. long, eyes aren't open but has begun to get some hair. Barbie was my driver for my Dr. appts. Monday, and between the 2 appts. we ate and ran over to pet smart. Just so happens one of the workers had raised squirrels and led us to what milk I would need. After getting home, I warmed a little up and it took just a few seconds before he realized it was some good stuff!
He ate enough to make me feel at ease. You know how we like our "babies" to eat! At one time he even held his"bottle"!
After eating a little he gave a good stretch, an even bigger yawn,
then I bundled squirt back up, turned the heating pad on low and sat his box bed back on it. He has been resting well. As I write this, squirt is beginning to crawl around in his bed. Today he has eaten well. I think this little fellow may just make it. As my friend said, "He is a tough little thing to have made it through all he has already." Squirt is with us for a reason, just as all our other animal "relatives". They each have given something positive to me in their different little ways, and I'm sure squirt will too.
Before ending this I would like to share with you the sunrise Monday morning. I just happen to catch a glimpse of it as I got ready to go to the Dr. and just couldn't let it go without capturing it first.

I loved the stripped affect. First I thought of the blood of Christ because of the candy cane look, but after downloading the picture, the upper portion reminds me of the AMERICAN FLAG..red, white & blue! Think this could be Christ reminding us He is STILL with America, just keep the Faith?!
God bless each of you!
3 comments:
This is surprise. Didn't know you "adopted" another animal. He's cute, hope he makes it.
the sky is really beautiful!! You catch the greatest pictures!!
Oh he's so cute!!
Post a Comment