Just when I thought things would settle down, now it's time to get ready for the school pageant! Let me say that I am very glad it is at a later date than usual, but it's still happening : )
The girls have only 1 place they like to get their dress and for this I too am grateful. No running around here and there looking. JoBea can usually tell which dress she wants as she enters the shop, but will try on MANY to make sure but then again, she LOVES to dress up. This year it was between the first one she put on, the second one, and the last she tried. After several of us making our decision I called the owner over and her decision was the one we had made, hands down. The winner is...
it doesn't look as impressive just hanging here but it's beautiful on. For some reason I didn't get a shot of her with it on...hmmm. She is happy with the final decision because she did love the dress.
As it goes, Madge wasn't able to go with us on this dress hunting trip...a friends birthday party was a little more important at the time. She and I went a few evenings later. Just Madge and I...I couldn't wait to see her (the one that NEVER dresses up) trying on all the dresses, prancing around like I only see her once a year. Well, as MY luck would have it, Madge walks in, says I want to try this dress, comes out in it and says, "This is the one I want." The owner agreed and that was that. No prancing around in many beautiful dresses for her mom...just straight in and out. No voting needed....decision made. Her choice was a good one tho. It was beautiful on her. Of course when you go from shorts with paint on them and a tee shirt and flip flops ANYTHING would have been beautiful!! :) This is her dress....

the make-up and hair will be done, some tanning has already begun. One of the pictures I took was like looking at the front of Madge but looking at the back of JoBea.

It wasn't until then that I realized how much Madge is looking like her sister. The owner calls Madge, little bit, but when we walked in she couldn't believe how much taller she had gotten and how long her hair was from last years pageant. She still called her little bit and I guess she always will.
Everyone is happy with their decisions and I'm happy I'm not having to cut off my arm to rent their dresses.
If you have nothing to do, the pageant is February 28...Middle school starts at 3 with High School following at 7.
Then it will be time to move on to PROM!!!!!!
3 comments:
How beautiful! I can't wait to see JoBea in her dress. When did Madge's hair get so long? I didn't realize it. They grow up right before your eyes!!
That is the same dress she is supposed to be holding for Anna! ha ha! I guess she forgot! That is too funny! I hope it is okay to add you to my bloglist. I do enjoy reading your blog! It is always very uplifting!
WOW Madge is looking quite grown up!! The dresses are beautiful!
Post a Comment