

My mind was already thinking if Trinity went any further in there, we would be urgently having to cut her out! She was determined to find her new "friend". As I stood on the other side, the mole began to come out so I called for Trinity. Harold came over, so did Thunder (1 of our dachshunds) but Trinity was still looking on the other side. When the mole was totally out, Thunder grabbed it with one swift swipe, I yelled and he turned it lose...but it was too late. Trinity finally decided to come around and check out what was happening on our side. Her excitement of seeing the mole again quickly turned into confusion. She tried to play....

She also tried talking to her friend...

it didn't take her long to know that something had happened to her "mole friend" from the time it entered the culvert and got to the other side. Trinity didn't know what to think, checked one more time,
there was no response, sadly Trinity moved on.
How many times have I stood on that "other side of the culvert" while God called me to the other side. Only to find that when I did FINALLY decide to go to the other side to "see what was happening", it was to late. What had been there was now gone and my upbeat spirit was gone, saddened by what I had not done. An example I'll give has been on my heart since the week before Christmas. There was a mother with her 2 daughters in wal-mart checking out. My eye was automatically drawn to those precious little girls, probably 5 &6. Their hair was matted, clothes to small, the older girl had a pair of crocs on that were about a woman's size 9. This little girl was very thin. God kept nudging me to do something for those children but I was afraid of what the mother would think so I just stood, expressing to Harold what I felt I needed to do, but never did. When the mother and those 2 little girls left that store my heart was crying and has been ever since. You see, I stood on one side, all the while hearing God CALLING ME to the other side, HIS side, to help out and I didn't and then it was too late. Those 2 little girls will be in my prayers and I will always hurt for not acting on the call, what bothers me more is that THEY may be hurt for my NOT going when called. I, like Trinity, walked sadly away.
When God calls upon me to "come to the other side and help", I'll jump on it because He KNOWS what's on the other side of that 'culvert' and as a Christian I AM SUPPOSE TO BE HIS HANDS.
May you have a "OTHER SIDE OF THE CULVERT" day with Christ!
God bless you and yours.....
1 comments:
Oh Joddie! You have such a wonderful way with words, thoughts, and situations. We all need to be better at discerning and acting when the Holy Spirit nudges us. A little over a year ago, I had such an experience. It happened so quickly that the opportunity could have easily been lost, but I had prayed for such an encounter with this person so I acted immediately and have been so glad I did. Thanks for your inspiring blog.
Post a Comment